Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been hearing 30 or 38. i think if they're 30 i will be getting 42lb injectors. if they're 38, i'll stick with that. anyone know?
gino

·
Registered
103 Posts
They are 30# injectors.

I put 42# injectors on my car as well.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what else did u have to do to get the 42 lb injectors to work? did u have to get a mass air or did you compensate through chip tuning?

gino

·
Registered
317 Posts
My kit came with 38lb injectors. When you go to order your kit just tell them too make sure it comes with the 38lb injectors and not the 30's.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Does Vortech send Lucas 38's? Mine came with 30's and I switched to 42's.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got one fo the first kits that came out and mine came with 30s. I also switched up to the 42s.

You can compensate with the chip for the larger injectors. However, you may run into issues 'pegging' your MAF. If you have a local dyno tune/chip burner, talk to them about what MAF you should run. Each type requires modification of the program whether that is Lightning, Pro-M or a modified stock MAF.

I have a modified stock one. JMS was not able to get a good program together with the Pro-M i have sitting in the garage. This was all mail order chip tuning...:barf:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I heard that Vortech used to ship with 30# injectors, however there were some lean situations and Vortech now ships with 38# injectors.

I know for a fact that the v-2 SQ for '01 Gt comes with 38's as I've been trying to find a good price and doing a lot of shopping.

Best,
Rich

·
Registered
186 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts