Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!! I was wondering what size welds and Back spacing can I run on the rear of a 1995 gt? I would like to run the widest tire and 15 " rim combo with out rubbing or sticking out. Also, I don't want to do any fabricating of the wheel wells.

Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

Can anyone help? I really would like to go with a 15x10 Weld DragLite with 6-1/2" back spacing, but I want to make sure they will fit and still look okay. Also, do I need the XP version of the Weld DragLite?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have 15x10 Pro-stars with 6.5" backspacing on my 1998 S351. I am using M/T ET-streets 26/11.5/15 tires they work great, but I heard them rub once on the street, so I will probably use a 7/16 wheels spacer for next year. If you could find a wheel with a 6" backspacing that would be ideal.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Do they tuck under the wheel well okay? Do you have any pictures?

Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
They tuck under easily, that is why I may use spacers. I think they will look even better if I bring them out just alittle and give me alittle extra clearance on the inside. Sorry I dont have any pics of this set-up. When I am not Drag racing I put my original wheels/tires on which are 295/35/18 on 18x10's

·
Registered
941 Posts
BFG Radial T/A 295/50-15
Weld ProStars 15x10, 6.5 BS
Car lowered 1.25-1.5"

See my site for pics.

·
Registered
14 Posts
here...295/505/15 BFG Radial T/A's on weld draglite 15x10 with 6.5" backspacing...these are old pictures which are with my old FMS C springs...the car now has stock rear springs and coilovers in the front. and i street drive these

·
Registered
386 Posts
15x10 w/6.5" Backspacing

I have also heard the 15x10 with 6.5 B/S is the way to go, but with a 1/4 inch spacer on the flange. Let me know how yours work out. I am going to be doing the same thing myself shortly.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It may be a while before I get to it, but I'll let you know when I do. If you end up getting them sooner let me know how it works out.

Thanks!!

:)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Did you ever get any big tires to fit? I'm looking to buy some 28x10.5x15 or 28x12.5x15 Sportsman Pro's for my SN95, with 15x10 6.5"bs Pro Stars.... I'm pretty sure i'll settle on the 10.5's since the 12.5's are pretty wide on the sidewall.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went with 27x11.5 quick time pro's and I will be putting them on the car the middle of next week. I'll let you know how they work out.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Wusses, I use 15X10 centerline warriors with 28X13.50's
:p

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
15X10 Centerline warriors
6.5 bs
I made a spacer that is about .125 thick to space it out just a little. Did the usual grinding of the banjo bolts also.
Springs are Tokico
Removed quad shocks and tail pipes
I also run the skinny's up front with a .345 spacer and some grinding of the calipers so my front wheels actually sit in like they should instead of sticking out some.
I will get pics tommorow. I do however want to get to the wheel wells some more, I only used a hammer this time, I have 2 spots that need some sledgehammer attention.
I will make a post tommorow and explain in detail(unless its allready posted somewhere) on how to grind the front calipers also. Ill include pics and howto and such.
NOTE: I dont do any hard launches only 10mph romps(damn skreet racers) Im only at about 510-20 flywheel hp also

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Jay- I love your site!

Thanks for sharing all that info with us!!! :)

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
27x11.5 qtp

The 27x11.5 went on without any problems. We had to flip the quad shock and we moved the tail pipes in about a 1/2 " for a little extra room. They look great and fill the wheel well nicely. I cancelled my orginal order for the fronts, but when I reorder the 3.5's I'll post pictures.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts