Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i'm building a 392 setup that i would like to put my t-trim vortech on, i remember reading mm&ff a few years back where they built a 400+ 351w with a r-trim and made like 700+ hp on 10.1 comp with 10-12 lbs boost and 36lb inj's..i'm kinda skeptical on magazine test's, and i'm wondering what size inj's i'll need for a similar combo..looking at 10 lb's boost max..would like to keep a smaller inj if possible because this is a daily driven street car..thanks for any info

·
Registered
556 Posts
Id say you at least would need 50lb injectors of not maybe 55's, or 65's.

·
Registered
84 Posts
quicktime said:
hello, i'm building a 392 setup that i would like to put my t-trim vortech on, i remember reading mm&ff a few years back where they built a 400+ 351w with a r-trim and made like 700+ hp on 10.1 comp with 10-12 lbs boost and 36lb inj's..i'm kinda skeptical on magazine test's, and i'm wondering what size inj's i'll need for a similar combo..looking at 10 lb's boost max..would like to keep a smaller inj if possible because this is a daily driven street car..thanks for any info
:bs:

No way. Check flow charts for injectors, call Pro-M. 72lb/hr+ for those kind of levels.

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what kind of levels will i see

hello, what kind of power levels would i see?, its not a very radical combo..anyone else?,thanks for the info

·
Registered
84 Posts
We ran 50#/hr injectors on our 331ci, Windsor Sr. aluminum heads, stout cam and Paxton 10# ball drive @ 8.4:1 compression. The numbers you are talking of with more displacement will definitally need more margin for fuel, especially with that kind of compression you are looking at.

Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts