Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm collecting up the parts to build my engine. I have a DSS 331 stroker kit, 93 Cobra intake upper & lower ported my TMoss and 70mm TB. I'm going with Twisted Wedge heads, a custom Flowtech cam and an 80mm PMAS MAF. How does my combo sound and what size injectors should I use?
Thanks
Frank

·
Registered
837 Posts
Sounds nice. Buy some 30's

·
Registered
420 Posts
How are you going to tune it?

I have a 306 with AFR/Holley/AFM cam combo and run 24's. I use a Tweecer and datalog max injector duty cycle at WOT at about 78%. 30's should be right for you.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How are you going to tune it?

I have a 306 with AFR/Holley/AFM cam combo and run 24's. I use a Tweecer and datalog max injector duty cycle at WOT at about 78%. 30's should be right for you.
That's a good question. I didn't realize I needed to tune it. I'm new to the Mustang scene and have been doing a lot of research. Please enlighten me on the tuning.

·
Registered
837 Posts
That's a good question. I didn't realize I needed to tune it. I'm new to the Mustang scene and have been doing a lot of research. Please enlighten me on the tuning.
The stock computer is fantastic but to get the most out of it you may need a tune. Most is really a relative term. There are PLENTYof guys on here, as I have, who are running more aggressive combos than yours with the stock computer and no chip. You will be fine as long as the meter is calibrated correctly and the injectors aren't bought used.

·
Registered
24,678 Posts
If you decide not to tune, but rely on a "calibrated" meter,,,,,,,

don't worry too much, there are plenty of threads here with people not being able to idle, cruise, start, and generally ready to light their car on fire from frustration to draw upon.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey frank also in south florida getting ready to build my beast as well keep in touch
I live in North Palm Beach. It will be a while before I pull my engine. I'm still saving money for the heads, cam, MAF, injectors, fuel pump and a few more necessary items.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm collecting up the parts to build my engine. I have a DSS 331 stroker kit, 93 Cobra intake upper & lower ported my TMoss and 70mm TB. I'm going with Twisted Wedge heads, a custom Flowtech cam and an 80mm PMAS MAF. How does my combo sound and what size injectors should I use?
Thanks
Frank
what is the duration and lift of the cam?? You can get alot out of a 331, everything you have noted looks good till you come to the cam part

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what is the duration and lift of the cam?? You can get alot out of a 331, everything you have noted looks good till you come to the cam part
I haven't figured that out yet. I was going to have Flowtech help me with that. I want to retain my bottom end power with a smooth like stock idle (so it can be a sleeper) and of course get as much power on top as I can.

·
Registered
837 Posts
You are definatly going to need that info. My dad's 351 idles like a stock car with a ProM 77 MAF.

Afr 185's
Fcam
1.7's
Gt40 tubular upper
Lightning lower.
30# injectors

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
4,809 Posts
Go with a bigger injector than you currently 'need'. If you are like most of us, you won't leave the HP alone forever. Plan ahead...

I started w/ the 24#/hr upgrade, then 30's, now 42's. Save the expense and go big is my advice. You can always tune then down.

[edit- 42# injectors were commonly on sale from Ford Racing a few years ago, even earlier this year I believe. Great price for a great injector. I run mine n/a 400fwhp but have the excess for NOS use w/ fuel thru the injectors, not into intake seperately].

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
i agree with ledslead, and used injs are fine deal with people with good feedback got my maf and 42s with 90mm new style 4 bolt adapter plate and filter for the price of the 42s new and there perfect. go 42s and turn them down not sure ur future plans if boost or juice, or what comp ratio but 42s will support that set up nice

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
30# injectors, LMAF and an SCT tune and you'll be fine. If you want to tune the car yourself look into the Moates Quarterhorse.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the input. I don't plan on spray or forced induction. My compression ratio is going to be 10.3:1.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts