Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out what i'll need to look at upgrading when i install the S-Trim i bought.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. :)

Alan

·
Registered
785 Posts
How much boost are you planning to run. I use to run the stock injectors and the 8:1 FMU with 10#'s and made about 438rwhp with a safe a/f tune. It is difficult to tune the car with the FMU. Without the FMU and with 42# injectors, the power rose to 472rwhp. I would recommend going with the 42#'s since this gives you a comfort factor and room to grow to 500 or so rwhp.

Good luck.

Todd

·
Registered
10 Posts
Todd Edge, what other mods did u have when u were running the stock injectors and the 8:1 FMU, i am looking at running stock with a 255 lph fuel pump for about a month after i install my vortech untill i get the 42's on and dyno tuned? and do u think it would be alright for the car?

·
Registered
785 Posts
FastFord2004 -
Other mods at the time were BBK longtubes, offroad-H, flowmasters, and a BBK throttlebody. You should be fine. There are a ton of others out there running the base(8#) kit with nothing else done to the car.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Definately go FMU-Less, 42lb injectors and matching MAF. Not sure what fuel pump(s) come with the S-trim - but go with a 255 in tank, and install a good inline pump as well.

peace

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
YES

peace

1 - 9 of 9 Posts