Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering what size ET streets and what size rim I should use. I was thinking 26x10.5" tire on 15x8" draglites with a 4.5" backspacing. My car is lowered 1.5" in the back and I have 3.55 gears. What do you think? Thanks

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Sounds like a good plan with what you were thinking.

Kyle

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
a 5.5 BS would tuck up in the fender better. A 4.5 BS tends to push the tire to the outside and if the car is lower, you'll likely rub.

You can fit a 26x11.5 on an 8" rim too, but you'll have to flip or remove the quad shocks and possibly hammer the inner wheel well in a little bit. Also an 11.5 might rub on the tail pipes a little.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do any of you guys know where I can get a set of ET streets and draglites for a good price? Thanks

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Chuck made a good point. I just realized after looking back mine are 5.5 back spacing. They will look alot better. I personally think Summit Racing has pretty decent prices on them. Might wanna post something in the Wheel/Tire Forumn on the best place for pricing on them. Someone might be able to help ya out over there.

Kyle

·
Registered
7,029 Posts
get the 26x11.5 and a 15x8 with 5.5 bs
that is what I have now and they look good
I just bough 10" wheels for the 10" tires and they look like they will fit with a little hammering.

Tim

·
Registered
531 Posts
I say go with the 10.5 tire. I had the 11.5 on my '98 gt and they grew too much at the big end and barely picked my car up any over street tires. I improve the 60' 2 tenths with them but only 1 on the big end. I'll let you be the judge. The 10.5s will hold your car just fine.
Brent

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the advice.

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
If your wanting a no modifying Wheel and tire combo go with the 15 x 8 Welds with 5.5" backspacing and the 26-10,5 x 15" M/T ET Streets..This combo of wheels and slicks fit Perfectly and look great. BTW, I have a BRAND NEW set for sale if you would be interested for $285 + Shipping.They are the 26-10.5x 15s....

Jeff

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If your wanting a no modifying Wheel and tire combo go with the 15 x 8 Welds with 5.5" backspacing and the 26-10,5 x 15" M/T ET Streets..This combo of wheels and slicks fit Perfectly and look great. BTW, I have a BRAND NEW set for sale if you would be interested for $285 + Shipping.They are the 26-10.5x 15s....

Jeff

Could you send some pics and price for shipping to 02724 to [email protected]? Thanks

Ozzie

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
Ozzie,

Check your PMs..

Jeff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts