Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered some Eibach prokit springs for my 97. When I went to order my non adjustable Tokicos shocks and struts. The sales rep from Brothers said I would need to use the 87-93 shocks/struts to compansate for ride height ? Is that BS. Can I use the 94 on up model shocks with those springs or not or is there some better choice for the same cash (around 300) I should be looking at with those springs. Thanks

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
No he's not BSing you. Some people use the fox struts/shocks because they are about an inch shorter. Theoretically the SN95 strut/shock could bottom out on a lowered car becuase of the longer length.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Like Zak mentioned above, the fox body struts are about an inch shorter and when used with a lowered SN95, the car is less likely to bottom out in front (especially when you are not running C/C plates)... For a lowered SN95 mustang, the 87-93 Tokico or Koni struts are the ideal ones to get IMHO... I'm surprised the Brothers' rep new his ****...lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the eibach pro kit springs and got the Adjustable Tokico's from Steeda for the SN95 body style(I have 97 cobra), and i also cut the springs one full coil front and rear. I haven't bottomed out at all. i have had this set up for 2 yrs and am just now putting on cc plates next week(due to the bad look of the neg. camber)..i've never had an issue w/ tire wear or bottoming out the shocks..good luck:cool:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well I made the mistake of puting on some Monroe struts when I put the eibach pros on. The front struts bootom out over the smallest dips! I have been looking for a cure and this thread was it I hope!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
For the bucks that's probably as good of a deal as any. I have Prokit with the non-adj Toks on my Foxbody and like the combo. Good all around setup.
Others have talked about the Bullit spring/dampner combo being a good deal. Maybe you can see what the shocks/struts only cost.

·
Registered
34 Posts
SVT97 said:
I just ordered some Eibach prokit springs for my 97. When I went to order my non adjustable Tokicos shocks and struts. The sales rep from Brothers said I would need to use the 87-93 shocks/struts to compansate for ride height ? Is that BS. Can I use the 94 on up model shocks with those springs or not or is there some better choice for the same cash (around 300) I should be looking at with those springs. Thanks
I have the Eibach springs with Koni SA shocks/struts and they are way better than the Tokico shocks i had, i would bottom out alot with the tokico's.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do the rears have to be for the 87-93 or can/do they have to be for the 94 to present if using those springs.

·
Registered
276 Posts
SVT97 said:
Do the rears have to be for the 87-93 or can/do they have to be for the 94 to present if using those springs.
Good question, I am looking for the same mod next month does anyone know the answer?

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
why not get the 03 cobra bilstiens? 65 bux each on ford parts network....i just got mine, they come with new upper mounts too...very good deal! you can grab adj tockicos for the rear, or the bullit tockikos for cheap too...the setup with a pair of 03 bils. and 01 bullit tockicos is 189 from www.fordpartsnetwork.com

awesome people.

good luck

ohh, and the rears are the same from03 all the way down, so dont sweat those...

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like a good deal on the bilsteins but will I have the same issue of bottoming out hence the use of a 87-93 shock with those springs?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great! Looks like thats the combo Im going with. They are priced great and going to accomplish exactly what I want. Now I can put that extra cash towards some adjustable C/C plates to with the upgrade. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

·
Registered
46 Posts
SVT97 said:
I had the same setup ..... Eibach prokit springs .. I went with Koni yellows ... never had a problem with them and it sat good and road well (this is with my 98 Cobra I had)..

Crowley

·
Registered
172 Posts
FWIW: Bullitt used Tokico Blues allthe way around and is 3/4" lower than a GT. Best bet if you want "SN95" specifc parts.

I run Eibach Pro-Kit with Eibach Pro Dampers. The Pro Dampers are listed to fit all 1979-2003 except 99+ w/IRS by Eibach. They are a great setup for $300. The ride is firm, but good. then you'll want the Anti-Roll kit....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts