Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steeda tri ax?...Pro 5.0?...hurst?...b&m?...I am soo stumped...i had a pro 5.0 in my old 89 coupe...but that had a tremec. Would it shift differently in a stock t5?

·
RobKong
1,118 Posts
Moving to the correct forum.

Please keep the 5.0/5.8 Engine Tech Forum limited to engine related topics.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I am interested in this too. I have a triax in my 01GT, but I am looking for a shifter for my 89GT. I am looking for something with adjustable stops (which I think is all of them) and the spring that helps you hit 3rd gear. That is why I bought my triax. But now there are times when I down shift to 2nd and it is a little tough to get into gear. And there were times when I thought I was in gear, while I was power shifting because it stopped, but because it was tough to get into gear, I grinded. I dont want this to happen. I was nice smooth shifts, a spring to help hit 3rd, and stops. I am now leaning towards the UPR shifter. It also looks great, so I could take the shift boot off and show a little bling, bling. Jk.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Wouldn't you know it...every aftermarket shifter has been mentioned as someone's favorite. You are going to have to take other actions other than a post to find out what shifter is right for you. You may want to try different shifters on other's cars. IMO...I don't think you can go wrong with the pro 5.0 or B&M on a stock T5. Most people just order one due to some influence and then say that it is their favorite and they like it best.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have never missed the 2nd to 3rd shift with my 5.0 Shifter on my T-5. I used to miss it quite often with the stock shifter. It is solid. I do not have a single complaint.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
k thanx guys..didn;t help to much..it was a kinda dumb questiong..i think i'm, going to try the hurst, or the tri ax..my friend got a pro 5.0..it's nice..but i already have had one and i curious about the others...
Brian

·
Registered
351 Posts
wow, how many times have i seen this asked on the corral? And how many different answers have been given?!

IMHO as long as you get a reputable brand (steeda, pro5.0..) you'll be happy with your purchase.

the steeda is nice for the dual position handle, *but*, i really don't see too many people moving the handle around. kind of a set it and forget it thing. i'd just want to make sure the shifter has offset preload for the 2-3 shift and positive stops to protect the shift forks.

if you're not sure which one to get you can always remove the rubber bushings from your stock handle. trust me, it makes a world of difference for 5minutes work.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts