Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what rpm can a mexican block be shifted at, safely. the engine is a 349 with about 14-1 comp and a .725 solid roller.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
im guessing if you got such a huge cam and high compression that your gonna wanna turn that thing to 7500-8000 and im also guessing that you have some serious flowing heads and a giant carb (unless your efi) on there...so im gonnna go ahead and say your right on the limit in terms of horsepower that the mexican block is capable of handling...as far as rpm goes your rotating assy. and valve train are going to be what you should worry about when spinning the high revvs....do you have a girdle on that block??? that way if it cracks you can hopefully salvage the rotating assembly....

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
brad, i got rid of the cobra last week and got a 86 gt
someone said the block doesn't need a girdle,but i dont know the rpm range on the camshaft. its a custom lunati so i'll have to call the salesman to see if he can find it for me,but the car is carbed and has stage 3 tfs heads and a lotta good stuff on it. in a few weeks i'm gonna go back to the 9's with a little nitrous on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts