Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to either just replace my bushings in my suspension or upgrade to a set of upper and lower control arms. I plan to hit the drag strip only a few times a year just to keep my times up. But I mainly drive this car everyday. What do most suggest? upgrade bushings and go on or upgrade control arms?

Thanks

Brian

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
It's a lot of work to remove and replace the arms, too much work to just change the bushings unless you're trying to be legal in certain racing classes. If you're just looking for a streetable improvement for a daily driver that will get taken down the strip a few times a year then IMHO your best bet is a set of FRPP Heavy Duty UCA's (or the Cobra equivalent that's reputed to cost less), and an LCA that will freely articulate while eliminating fore/aft motion. For that, you'd need Maximum Motorsports (or one of their knockoffs), Griggs, Global West, anyone with a solid design and a spherical bearing in one end. Every one of them will transmit a little more cabin noise which will quickly fade into the background. But every one of them will make a noticeable improvement

You can graduate to a panhard rod with the MM and Griggs arms or you can do a fair compromise with the GW's, which do control lateral motion pretty well with reasonable tradeoffs in ultimate effectiveness for all but the most discerning of drivers. In any case you won't go wrong with any of the three or something like them with a spherical bearing in one end.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts