Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hearing a clunking noise coming from the rear of my car lately and today I went to take off from a parking space and the car shuttered really bad. I thought maybe it was the old worn out bushings in my rear control arms but after todays incident I'm thinking it could be my rear. I do like to do burnouts after all :D .

Anyway, as I'm setting the car up for street/AutoX duty... what rear diff. should I look into to go with my 3.55 gears. I'm going to be converting to Baer brakes towards the end of this year also, if that info is necessary.

·
Registered
107 Posts
alot of people have just added more clutch packs to their trak lok or you can buy a torsen. i still have a trac lok dont think ill be upgrading anytime soon.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just upgraded to a torsen diff and love the thing. Quiet and smooth. Also, no more messing around with LSD additives.

However, if you go the traction lok route and need a new (used) traction lok that only needs a few new clutch packs...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I love my Torsen T2. It made a small but noticeable difference when I had my stock Goodyears with 40% tread... but when I put on some 275's the combo impressed the hell out of me. Now that I have the traction to better enable the torque biasing, I can can rip around 90 deg corners with A LOT more control. Wet weather is much less stressful. A little pricey, I suppose, but worth every penny and then some as far as I'm concerned. I daily drive it, and I probably would not have made the same decision if 1/4 mile ET was my deal. With my combo, I can feel a bit of a shudder when you mash on it around the tight ones, but it doesn't try to swing the rear out... it seems to push through and straighten out quick. With my gears, tires, panhard, diff, and even the Al flywheel I feel that my car is ten times safer than it was out of the box. Keep in mind that I have no track experience to draw from...just three years of goofing off on the street/ back roads with this car. Plus, this is my first V8/RWD. That's my testimony, hope it helps.
--Keevyn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts