Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I just ordered a set of Ford Motorsport Shorty ceramic coat headers for my Vortech Blown 99 GT. It says in the FMS catalog that "Minor modifications to flange are necessary to fit 99GT"...or something to that effect. I am just wondering if someone has some more detail available than this???

If you're wondering why I ordered the FMS's....After recently installing a set of JBA shorties on an 01 Cobra, I wasn't too impressed with them for the LARGE sum of money that they cost...I'm sure they may flow a little better... but for almost twice the price...and the crappy hardware they come with to install... I was disappointed.

Thanks for any input and advice!

Later,

SOHC
99 Vortech GT
89 LX 5.0 Vert
02 F150 SuperCrew

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The FMS catalog also says that they will not fit a 2000 but I have them on my car. All I had to do was elongate the holes on my x-pipe flange on the driver's side. The passenger side fits without any mdification.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Any gains from the Shorties at all?? I have a 2000 SC GT and would like some improvement in air flow... I was told that shorties are a waste of money.....

Just wanted to get thoughts of people that have done it...
and if they were worth it... How much for some Ford Ceramic Shorties?? Are they difficult to install??

Thanks in advance...

Tom

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys!

SOHC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts