Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas! I am currently in the search for parts to get me to the 420-450 RWHP mark, so far after my dissapointing dyno I have gotten a 3.40 RR pulley, Gatorback belt, Magnaflow Exhaust (going on tommorow!), Intake spacer, and thats all for power, also Im still waiting on my boost pipe. But I need help in getting me to that mark before cracking the engine open, so what can I do before I have to take the valve covers off ?? I know I can get an intercooler and Im also ordering an O/R X-Pipe along with equal-length headers. Any other ideas ??? :confused:

I MUST GET TO THAT MARK !!! :evil:

MORE POWER, MORE I TELL YOU !!! :evil:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
You can hit the 420 mark easily with the S-Trim running 14 psi, and just about all the mods in my sig.

To be honest with you I WOULDN'T want to hit the 420 mark on the stock block. Mine did 407 the first run and I almost had a heart attack and made them pull timing out of the car. It's not worth the .2-.3 you will see at the track unless you are serious about racing. I know there are guys like sting (awsome guy) who is hitting 420 and above on the stock block but in the end it comes down to "can you afford a rebuild when the stock internals let's go?"

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my car is also not a daily driver so I only spin it above 5k RPM's seldomely, so Im not to worried about the stock internals, but Ill start ordering parts for the biuld up very soon!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pics of my car ???

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any other ideas ??? TTT! :confused:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, well I have ordered long tubes and a matching catted H-Pipe, so I will stay with that combo for a while, I will utleast be hoping for above 400 RWHP. Becasue if the Q400 can do it, than so can my car! I hope! LOL. Thxs, if anyone has any other ideas please let me know. Im also getting an intercooler down the road. Thxs again!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I thought the Steeda cars were good for like 350-360rwhp, 400 was at the flywheel. I think 400rwhp is if you add a Bullitt intake and Novi 2000?

Keep in mind I could be wrong.

I think the Catted h-pipe and longtubes will gain you about 20-25rwhp, the boost pipe should add another 10-20rwhp, the Magnapacks should pick you up 5-10rwhp, and the smaller pulley should pick you up 10-20rwhp.

In a perfect world you should see 410rwhp, in a ultraconservative world you should see 380rwhp - split the difference and you would be at 395rwhp.

One thing to remember is peak rwhp/rwtq is not the whole story, especially with long tube headers, you are going to pick up tons of rwhp and rwtq under the curve.

When I added my magnaflow catt3ed x and powerpipe I gained 22rwhp and 14rwtq peak, but under the curve I gained as much as 30rwhp and 25rwtq at certain rpms and showed increases from 3000rpm all the way to redline.

Also, I only make 368rwhp/360rwtq SAE, not huge #s, but enough to make me very hard to beat on the street - although like you I am always eager for more power.

Good luck and enjoy the boost,
Howard

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info! That makes me feel a lot better actually! But I need to get doen to the bottom of the Q400, do they come with 400RWHP ??? Anybody ???

·
Registered
524 Posts
you could do it with my setup plus longtubes. Like rancid said, I feel much safer at 400 that I would at 430 with stock engine.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice numbers, I think Ill shoot for that (being realistic) but the intercooler is a bit of a way down the raod.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts