31 spline axles
Axle studs
Good clutch

Bill

·
Registered
43 Posts
cobraguy96 said:
Don't mean to sound stupid.... but here goes what is dumping????
he means dumping the clutch at 5,000 RPM's or higher..

i don't think it can be done.. and not sure why you want to, just feather the clutch out.. you will get a much better launch that way then spending the money trying to get that high of a dump.. just my $.02

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,941 Posts
What Bill said. He knows what's up (the wheels, in his case).

Cobraguy, there's no such thing as a stupid question. How else would you learn? Dumping the clutch basically means to side-step it and let it engage that way.

-Pat

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,411 Posts
5K??? I do 6K clutch drops at the track. Just waiting for something to break:eek:. I've welded the torque boxes and axles. 4.56's and MT ET drags.:D

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
badest02GT said:

i don't think it can be done.. and not sure why you want to, just feather the clutch out.. you will get a much better launch that way then spending the money trying to get that high of a dump.. just my $.02
And this wealth of knowledge above comes from the fact that you have a Razzi Body kit on your car, and you list O2 extenders as a modification??? :rolleyes:

Don't answer a question with unsubstantiated quesses, when there is an answer available, by people who have done it for years.

Yes, Bill is correct: Locker or spool, 31 spline axles, strong clutch, subframes, good control arms, reinforced torque boxes, welded axle tubes, and the most important, SLICKS!

joe

·
Registered
249 Posts
I currently make between 5K and 6K dumps and have the 31 spline Superior axles, 31 spline C-Locker, 3 inch ARP studs, ET Streets!! I DO have Subframe Connectors as well and an aluminum driveshaft(if that matters)!

Currently I have STOCK rear suspension and STOCK clutch and have gotten a best of 1.75 60' time!!! So you don't NEED everything listed in RavenGT's post . . . . however, if you want to continue dumping that high you better listen to him!! :D

I am upgrading my clutch and then I will do the rear - the BIG thing is the axles and differential . . . there is no substitute for the C-Locker!! :cool:

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Actually Demon, you probably are correct. You don't NEED it, but if you want to make the drive home, you better think about gettin it. I know, I have been stranded, towed, flatbeded, and taxi'd home before. But not anymore.

If something breaks now, shiit, the car can stay there.

joe

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
badest02GT said:

i don't think it can be done..
Hahahaha your kidding right?

and not sure why you want to,
To go faster that's why most of us are here.

just feather the clutch out
Okay we are not talking pansy street tires or Nitto DR's but slicks if you feather your clutch with slicks your toasting your clutch. Please try educating yourself before opening your mouth.

you will get a much better launch that way then spending the money trying to get that high of a dump..
You really think so? Tell you what come play at my track or for that matter any track I visit while going to the FFW events and run and then tell me you'll get a better launch feathering the clutch...

Bill

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
BUWHAHAHAHAHA!

I wonder if "badest02" woke up this morning knowing that by 9:00am he would be blasted as bad as he has been????

Body kits don't win races....
joe

·
Registered
193 Posts
BlackDemonGT said:
Currently I have STOCK rear suspension and STOCK clutch and have gotten a best of 1.75 60' time!!! So you don't NEED everything listed in RavenGT's post . . . . however, if you want to continue dumping that high you better listen to him!! :D
Exactly! I have pretty much stock everything save for 4.10s and ET Streets and I dump it around 5K. I'm pulling 1.77-1.79 60s fairly consistent. If I did all the stuff they had, hopefully I'd see some 1.6x.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
badest02GT said:

OH MY GOD MAN are you just plain stupid? Or are ou scared if you launch hard it may knock that body kit off, or the taillight covers:barf: ? By dumping you will get a much better 60' which equals better ET. Lets see you feather to a 1.5 60'

To do some good 5000rpm dumps you will need a good tranny, good clutch, a good rear end setup(spool, 31 spline axles), weld torq boxes, subframe connectors, and you should be good for awhile anyways;)

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yellowman98,

I dont understand what you mean by side-step? I always thought that when others talked about dumping or launching at 5k rpm they meant that the engaged the clutch all at once when the rpms were up at the desired level. SOrt of what I would call popping the clutch from a standstill with RPMS way up. It was the only way to make some cars (very low hp/tq) peel off when I was young - by popping the clutch. Please explain if I dont really understand. Thanks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
dumping, side-stepping,and popping is all pretty much the same thing. the only way anyone would want to "feather" the clutch out is if you have street tires or some really bad drag radials. slicks, like everyone else said, don't even think about it. not only will you burn your clutch but you'll bog down so bad you'll hardly move! and guys, give the guy a break.... then again, he does seem a little ignorant for the subject at hand.

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,941 Posts
RedSnake97 said:
Yellowman98,

I dont understand what you mean by side-step? I always thought that when others talked about dumping or launching at 5k rpm they meant that the engaged the clutch all at once when the rpms were up at the desired level. SOrt of what I would call popping the clutch from a standstill with RPMS way up. It was the only way to make some cars (very low hp/tq) peel off when I was young - by popping the clutch. Please explain if I dont really understand. Thanks.
Redsnake,
I just always 'side-step' instead of backing my foot off quickly. That way I'm SURE my foot doesn't slow the clutch engagement. :evil: As davescobra said, it's really all the same end result.

-Pat

p.s. I'm LMFAO @ you guys blasting RazziGT--you've made my morning more entertaining. :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
RavenGT said:

And this wealth of knowledge above comes from the fact that you have a Razzi Body kit on your car, and you list O2 extenders as a modification??? :rolleyes:

Don't answer a question with unsubstantiated quesses, when there is an answer available, by people who have done it for years.

joe
i was simply asking why he would want to?! and i said it was only my $.02 :rolleyes: sorry if your "knowledge" is too much for me to handle, i TRY to help people out by learning from others.. not to get smart ass remarks.. i know you have a fast car and that is good i praise you for that.. but people come here to learn about stuff, just trying to answer his question (and the 02extenders aren't listed as "mods" they are listed as stuff i have done) :hammer:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts