Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 00 Gt Convt. my rwhp goal is 385+
my current mods include:
NX nitrous kit-100 shot (finishing up install in spring)
MAC cold air intake
4.10 gears w/ speedcal
Pro 5.0 shifter
steeda sport springs
Steeda underdrive pullies
40 series 2-chamber flows
BBk longtube headers (installing in spring)
BBk off-road h-pipe (installing in spring)

planned mods:
Diablo flip chip (after installing nitrous & headers)

what other bolt-ons to get me to 385ish and high 12's in the 1/4 miles? thanks

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
High 12's? I have friends with 125-150 shot, slicks and UD pullies turning LOW 12's at 112-115mph.

If anything to add to your list, I'd add cams. The new energy cams from comp? have shown some good gains.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can't any help me out? i plan on racing this jerk off next spring. he is real cocky and use to drive a 5.0 stang but now has a 2000 6-speed camaro. Do i have a decent chance now or what other mods do i need. I've heard he's a decent driver as well. i don't know what mods he has but it sounds like he has an aftermarket exhaust. thanks for any help

Joey

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Get rid of the MAC cold air intake and get a C&L or Accufab plenum, TB, and MAF. I've seen dynos showing +20rwhp for those mods on a pretty much stock car.

·
Registered
473 Posts
94v6gee_dog said:
what other bolt-ons to get me to 385ish and high 12's in the 1/4 miles? thanks
4 cyl front springs, Lakewood 90/10s, ditch swaybars, good UCAs / LCAs, skinnys and fattys....

with good suspn, and the mods you have listed, you should fly EASILY into the mid-high 11s.

-Mike

·
Registered
214 Posts
Re: Re: What mod next?

AutomaticWeapon said:
4 cyl front springs, Lakewood 90/10s, ditch swaybars, good UCAs / LCAs, skinnys and fattys....

with good suspn, and the mods you have listed, you should fly EASILY into the mid-high 11s.

-Mike
I couldnt agree more. Get some LCAs at least. I have some HP motorsport Mega bite Jrs. (263 with tax) and they work great..... I would also get some subframe connectors..... I got the HP motorsport subframe connectors(96 with tax) as well... then if you get some mickey thompson ET streets you will be capable of launching your car between 4-5k RPMs, I wouldnt be surprised if you hit some 1.8 60' times if not lower. That would give you one hell of a hole shot on the slowmaro. Plus with the mods you have you would have no problem holding him off.

·
Registered
58 Posts
yea, definitely some suspension, you might also want to get rid of your current intake and get a densecharger (www.densecharger.com), also maybe an Accufab TB w/ plenum... The MAC CAI is pretty nice (thats what I have), but I think I'm gonna swap for a densecharger, they are said to have the most hp+ of any bolt-on intake

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, the shop that put my gears in said i should do some suspension work. "horsepower is useless if you can't get it to the ground"! i planned on getting a c&l plenum w/ a 70mm throttle body as my next mod, but i will concentrate on some suspension mods as well. thanks.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what are Lakewood 90/10s? shocks and struts? if so, where can i purchase these and how is the ride w/ steeda springs for cruising?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Lakewood 90/10s are front struts. you can get them through Summit or Jegs and you want the Fox body part number.

to get the most from them youll have to ditch the Steeda front springs and get 4 cyl springs from a Fox. also, remove the front swaybar.

the car will be fine d/d, but any fast corners will be out of the question.

-Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts