Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am going to purchase a tfs R intake for my 347, with a 75 mm opening. This means that I should get a 75 mm throttle body doesnt it? would a 65 mm be to small. Ok so what size mass air meter should I go with a 77 or what? and what brand and where should I get it at. What about price. thanks alot.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Once again a smart ass replies!!! I didnt ask the same question 4 0r 5 times. I was also wondering about the throttle body, along with the meter. My other post only had one reply so I thought that I would repost. Along with some additions. Sorry to offend you but if you dont like my posts just dont read it and especially dont reply to it!!! Also my other post would not allow me to edit it. My brother also uses this screen name. SO I dont know what all he posts. Thanks for the rudeness man. It doesnt cost people like you anything when others post things that have been posted before. This is a free site thats stays afloat by posts like this. SO THANKS ALOT.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I think you should be ok with a 75mm tb. I like my Pro-M 80mm and I highly recommend it!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the reply brian95gt. I was thinking about the pro m 80mm complete kit from jd' perfromance. It look its in a plastic piece instead or metal. any difference. It is also cheaper than the 77mm why is that? thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The 80 is made out of plastic and not aluminum like the others. A benefit to this is that it will always be cooler than metal. The kick to them is that you can pick any color you want. I imagine that you can still do that but you have to see which colors are offered. I bought black. I am sorry but I do not have any pics on the net yet to see.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I just saw it on jdsperformance.com. That is a good deal. I bought mine straight from Pro-M for $350. I also was stupid and asked for a "pig tail" thinking I could still use my CAI. The damn tail cost me $35 bucks and it is doing nothing but collecting dust.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks brian for all the help.
I have one more question for you. I currently have a bbk cold air kit and want to ditch it. If I buy the kit from jd's do I use the stock air box or what. how do I hook it to the throttle body does it come with a tube or what. your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
1995casper said:
thanks brian for all the help.
I have one more question for you. I currently have a bbk cold air kit and want to ditch it. If I buy the kit from jd's do I use the stock air box or what. how do I hook it to the throttle body does it come with a tube or what. your help is greatly appreciated.
The stock airbox is ditched, and also is the CAI. There is a plate that comes with the meter that uses the two holes that the airbox plugs into on the car itself (for mounting and stabilization). You need to use the stock black, rubber tube going from the meter to the TB. With my black meter and the stock rubber, it looks nice. You can try to fabricate one yourself later, or see if someone/company has any to sell.

In other words, when you open your hood, you see this huge, round, gray, filter-like object on the left side of the engine bay. It has a silver end cap which has stamped Pro-M on it. A black rubber hose connects this object (meter) to the TB. I think the 80mm looks very sweet under the hood. Also, with the car idling, you hear this faint whistle or draw of air coming from the meter.

It takes more time putsing around looking for the correct sockets than is does to install the meter. Good luck, and you will feel a "seat of the pants" difference. I did MAF, AFPR, injectors, and pump at the same time and felt a HUGE difference. Logically, a fuel pump does not add hp, neither do injectors. This leaves this difference to the AFPR, and the meter. I set the AFPR to stock settings, which leaves the hp difference to the meter. Have fun! PM if you have problems!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
BTW, what size injectors will you have the meter set for?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
30 lb injectors
thanks again man i really appreciate it. One more question for you. I have a friend that has pretty much the same set up as me and he hada 73 mm c&l on his 347 and it ran rich as heck with the 30 lb injectors in it and he had the right sampling tube with it. SOmeone said that the c&l is probally why it ran rich. because of the sampling tube and that pro m doesnt have this problem. thanks for the help. any idea on what i should set my fuel pressure at on my 347 because it will be a while before i can get a dyno tune.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
To be honest, I have no clue about a 347. I could talk your ear off about fuel pressure on a 302 but not yours. Sorry. Just put up a new post in the General forum, 5.0, and here. Someone is bound to know.

Yeah, go with Pro-M and do not look back. I am not knocking C+L but, I have heard nothing but bad things about them, and my buddy who has his car for sale here had a bad idling problem after installing his 306 w/Holley Systemax II on it. It was the C&L that was the problem. He got a Pro-M and ran perfect!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts