Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought you guy's had better engines and bigger blowers this year? Why the slower times (no flames just wondering)?

·
Registered
726 Posts
SnakeEyes said:
I thought you guy's had better engines and bigger blowers this year? Why the slower times (no flames just wondering)?
I think that Dave is being sarcastic. If I am not mistaken, Dave's car has yet to make a pass this year; Joe cracked his block on one of his first passes of the year and is in the process of rebuilding the motor. Therefore, they are running the same times = no times. ;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
SnakeEyes said:
Just wondering, and how has he been doing in SSO or has he been running?
Not to well :( We have had some unfortunate luck with parts breakage this year. At Bradenton we broke the block. We built a new engine and right before (night before) Reynolds we broke a valve springs and it caused some major damage. We are currently building a new engine (completly) and adding a ATI air to water aftercooler. We did pickup some big power with the change to a ProCharger (F2M). Right now we are in the 1050rwhp range and with the addition of the a/w aftercooler should put us in the 1150+ range. We expect to see ETs in the 8.1-8.2 range with ease. Hopefully we're over the parts breakage bad luck. We'll be at the NMRA Maple Grove race ready to rumble.

As for Dave, his car is still apart from where he blew it up last year at Cecil Co. with his expert :rolleyes: tuning skills.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Re: Re: What kind of times has Joe Stewart ran this year?

Joe Stewart said:

As for Dave, his car is still apart from where he blew it up last year at Cecil Co. with his expert :rolleyes: tuning skills.
Joe: Set the record straight, and don't make up stuff. The vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator was not allowing an increase in fuel pressure as boost increased. Therefore I had 40 psi at 30 pounds of boost. All I did was up the tuneup from 18.25 to 19 degrees in my quest for the 8's. The kind of damage I had did not result from 1 degree increase. I had melted 4 spark plugs, 4 pistons, and seriously overheated 2 rods. You know that you saw the tuneup file and log. That doesnt happen from a spark increase in 0.75 degrees.

As for tuning skills, yours has a "lot" to be desired. Everyone knows the score.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Re: Re: Re: What kind of times has Joe Stewart ran this year?

Dave King said:

Joe: Set the record straight, and don't make up stuff. The vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator was not allowing an increase in fuel pressure as boost increased. Therefore I had 40 psi at 30 pounds of boost. All I did was up the tuneup from 18.25 to 19 degrees in my quest for the 8's. The kind of damage I had did not result from 1 degree increase. I had melted 4 spark plugs, 4 pistons, and seriously overheated 2 rods. You know that you saw the tuneup file and log. That doesnt happen from a spark increase in 0.75 degrees.

I modified the tuneup every time out because of a change in weather condition. Never had a problem. Over 80 passes with reliability.

As for tuning skills, yours has a "lot" to be desired. Everyone knows the score. But everyone will soon see when we line them up.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Joe Stewart said:
LMAO Dave, "Everyone knows the score"...Yes they do, the ET says it all....Dave "Always been slower than Joe" King :D
Joe, I see you don't dispute the truth. Thats good. Joe when you make a pass under power without chunking metal or water let us know. I"m not sure whats more funny, your paint job, or the fact that your on 4 motors and not getting passed the 330. Maybe they should start opening some 330 tracks.

I'll let you alone know cause I know your in a slump.

Big brother still loves ya.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Or getting ready for the topic to be locked and moved to the lounge :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Dave King said:
As for tuning skills, yours has a "lot" to be desired. Everyone knows the score. But everyone will soon see when we line them up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts