Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Compared to what i have now (sig) what do you think i should run
I'm looking into some 15's right now for better traction or i might go with an eaton with 31 spline axles. Not sure just yet.

·
Registered
136 Posts
What are your times now? I wouldn't get the posi and axles unless it is already starting to go. With an automatic and no high stall converter I don't think you will have to worry about hurting the rear end. The 4.10's should take at least 2 tenths off maybe more.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm not sure on a real time slip, but before i took out my rear steat i think i ran a 9.98 in the 1/8 mile , my one and only time i went to the drag strip

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think after a little more practice and 4.10's you should run mid to low 14's. It just takes time to learn your car and be able to get a good run.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I was acually a tenth slower on Street tires after my 3.73s, because i couldnt get traction......make alot of runs and get some practice.........
Dave

·
Registered
489 Posts
I actullay lost a tenth of a second too. Someone told me that 4.10 don't do that much for the 1/4 unless you have a power adder...... So I got a turbo.

·
Registered
214 Posts
when you get 4.10s spend the extra money for LCAs, and subframe connectors with some ET streets. launch that like no other. Im sure you would see low low 14s possibly high 13s, i have a 97 GT 5 speed. at the track i hit a 9.665 with MAC offroad H pipe, and flowmasters. that was with stock goodyears with a 2.25 60' time. now i got the mods in my signature and I plan on busting a low low 14 with the addition of 4.10 gears.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Just for the record, this is not the original RavenGT. The original, me, had a black 2000 GT, hence the name, Raven.

joe

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
J.Monaghen said:
Just for the record, this is not the original RavenGT.

joe
Yeah, I figured that much out, Joe. I was waiting for someone to chime in about it. But, I'm sure most of us knew that you wouldn't be asking about 4.10's. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts