Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
judging from the experience ive had on every job on my car ..id say you'll need standard and metric sockets as well as allen wrenches and probably assorted torx head sockets...and just to be on the safe side rent a Die Grinder with some cut-off wheels and a set of Oxy-Acetylene torches

my next project is Inventing a bolt with a ridiculous shaped head on it and heading to Detroit to talk some Auto-engineers about finding creative new ways to piss shade tree mechanics off on sunday afternoons. and make millions in the process

·
Registered
469 Posts
My favorite is the "tamper-proof" torx head screws that hold the sensor on the mass air. Had to go buy the "tamper-proof" torx bits to take it off. $8 for a set of bits that I will loose before I need them again.

I would support a law that requires automotive engineers to teardown and rebuild any auto they design with a $50 set of craftsman tools.

·
Registered
452 Posts
94Fauxbra said:
judging from the experience ive had on every job on my car ..id say you'll need standard and metric sockets as well as allen wrenches and probably assorted torx head sockets...and just to be on the safe side rent a Die Grinder with some cut-off wheels and a set of Oxy-Acetylene torches
:lol: So true it is funny.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
LOL

Hey, you stole my idea about the new bolt shapes! Then again, it doesn't matter because they would use BOTH ideas.

Yeah, I don't understand why we have metric and standard sizes on the car PICK ONE! Hell, even on the same bolt-on you'll find both metric and standard.

I should buy stock in Craftsman tools...

·
Registered
441 Posts
I deal with atomotive engineers all day. The next time I hear "it looks good on paper" I'm gonna lose it.:mad:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I posted a loaded question, I know!!! you guys are right about all the different types of tools needed for these cars today, dont for get about all the different pullers you could buy [email protected]#$ I was reading the Haynes manual and it said there was a special puller and installer for the power steering pully! Enough already!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yea the power steering pulley puller I just bought from autozone for $20-$30. It's one of those tools that when you got it you don't need it but when you need it you don't got it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts