Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have thought about selling my SVO blower and either doing a PI intake, or doing an SVO intake with a 150 shot. What kind of rwhp are you guys with SVO headed combos making n/a with different cam & intake setups?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sorry I can't answer the N/A question, but I can tell you that adding an S-trim with a 3.125 pulley, an intercooler, a good exhaust, PI intake, and a power pipe, you can get 425 rwhp.
The SVO's are nice flowing heads.
Marc

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
mine made 305 rwhp and 300 rwtq.... svo heads, svo intake, mac long tubes, old crappy SHM 2730 cams and a customer hi-tech tune. i think it would have put down alot more power with hi-tech's cams. i added a T-trim and at 7 psi it makes 400 rwhp with no timing in it and the rev limiter set at 6k. we ran out of fuel.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mine made 305 rwhp and 300 rwtq.... svo heads, svo intake, mac long tubes, old crappy SHM 2730 cams and a customer hi-tech tune. i think it would have put down alot more power with hi-tech's cams. i added a T-trim and at 7 psi it makes 400 rwhp with no timing in it and the rev limiter set at 6k. we ran out of fuel.
What was your fuel setup to be running out at 400?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
60 lbs inj, Stock tank and walbro 255 intake pump. I was sucking the basket dry in the stock crappy design 98 tank. I swapped to a 97 gt tank and ford GT pump. Once i get a different pulley, i am going back for a retune

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you try drilling holes in the basket? There are guys with non return style cars getting into the 500's now with the same basket design and Ford GT pumps. I dont think any of the pumps for 99-04's last in the 96-98's though.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Did you try drilling holes in the basket? There are guys with non return style cars getting into the 500's now with the same basket design and Ford GT pumps. I dont think any of the pumps for 99-04's last in the 96-98's though.
I thought about drilling wholes, but i wanted to do it right. I want to make 600 rwhp, so i don't want to cut any corners. I plan to run a sumped tank over the winter. My tuner said at 10 psi it should make 450 to the tires so this fuel system should be good for now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.