Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i'm thinking of building a daily driver out of a 89 coupe with a 347 stroked boss block, with forged steel crank, steel rods,good dished pistons (je,ross,etc)with hydraulic roller cam, aluminum highports,1 3/4 full lengths with 3" exhaust,external fuel system. and tfs intake with t-trim vortech..what kind of power can i expect out of this with a "good" tune?, any advice or info appreciated

·
Registered
660 Posts
a guy in houston had a similar combo. his was 331 cid, tfs tw heads. it made just over 600 to the wheels. he did drive it daily while he had it.

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello

hey, thats pretty impressive, what all did he have done to the car?, was it a stripped car?, what kind of boost ?,etc..thanks

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
run about 8.5:1 and push 20lbs+ into it and you should see 650-700rwhp. Holley intake would be my choice, or maybe a victor 5.0.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hi,

I would say with the right combo, tuned right, 600 plus RWHP. I know a guy who put down 560 RWHP with a stock short block, F cam, AFRs, Holley intake and a T-trim.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hi,

the 560 RWHP was made with a stock EEC, FMS Extender and MSD BTM, 80mm Pro M mass air. It had 42#'ers with an FMU, 190 intank/TRex pump combo, stock lines and rails.

Hope this helps,
Jim

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks

thanks alot jim for the info, sounds likea very nice combo you have there....thanks to everyone else that has replied also..

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
hell gt 350

hey, do you happen to know the guy's e-mail address for that site?, i wanted to ask him a few questions about that combo he had in the blue lx, thanks

·
Registered
401 Posts
My car did 612 rwhp with 21 degrees total timing, 17-18 psi.

Combo is in sig.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts