Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of gas mileage are people getting with SC 99+ mustangs. See sig for comparison. I know mileage is suppose to get worse but how bad is bad. I know i need a tune but waiting for dyno to arrive at friends shop.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
147 Posts
well i guess if i keep my foot out of it i can get 22mpg highway, but usually in the city I got 10-15 mpg with a good tune.

·
Registered
729 Posts
kyoshea said:
well i guess if i keep my foot out of it i can get 22mpg highway, but usually in the city I got 10-15 mpg with a good tune.
I think I've only gotten 22 mpg (no s/c) on a tank once, and that was going on a long trip. Without the s/c I was generally making 17-18 mpg. With the s/c I'm making a solid 15 mpg in mixed driving (about 75% hw, 25% street). Its gotten as low as 12 mpg. Of course, you could say I have a lead foot. With the s/c, its a lot worse. Who could resist that much fun! Thats the price you pay to play.

·
Premium Member
3,513 Posts
My 99 was an auto so...but with the V2 kit and 30's I saw Canadian 240-300km to a tank. Stock was closer to 400km. Take 60% of those numbers to convert to miles and Basically JUST 140-180ish miles to a tank :barf: Mind you it was a daily DRIVER and DRIVEN, when the law allowed of course;) I was suprised I lost that much but I was tuned rich enough to make Richie Rich jealous

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm pretty irratated w/ my situation! I've been getting 10mpg strictly city & about 14mpg highway :mad: I'm pretty sure that I'm running really really rich (at least I hope). Otherwise I don't have a clue what's going on :mad: It's making me insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,513 Posts
Having an auto plays a small part I am sure. But dude if you used your right foot like I did, I was filling up every couple days, with mainly city driving.;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
wrote twice..

Naych

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm in the same boat with TOPCHEF..I'm getting 12mpg on dailiy driving with 10% freeway...Before when I first install the supercharger I was getting around 180-190..Go figure..Its tune conservative at 11:5 afr...Any feedback would be great..

Naych

·
Registered
123 Posts
10-15 MPH <Auto> Lots of stop and go City driving. Heavy foot disease also. I'd like to take it on a nice long freeway drive to see what kind of MPH I get then.

Mustangs in storage right now for the winter. :(

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a mix of city/back road/highway driving, everything from a little stop and go to 80mph highway. I get 23mpg consistantly and once when I did about 200-230 miles highway and then back to my normal driving I got 27-28mpg.

I only use BP/Amoco 93 octane.

RED01GT

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RED01GT are you SC. Your sig looks to be N/A. Well anyway I want to test out what kind of Gas mileage everyone is getting. I guess I am getting about what everyone else is getting, but still need a tune.:joy:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well I don't have the lead-foot disease & the gas mileage I'm getting is garbage :mad:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Well, I just drove my car from Springfield, Illinois to Detroit Michigan in my car and we tested the mileage. From a totally full tank of gas, at about 60mph, we got about 230 miles out of the tank. At 75mph we were getting about 200-210 miles to a tank. Around town driving we were getting about 120 miles to a tank.:eek: I have a good tune too, so don't expect all that much more even after a tune. Its the injectors and pumps your using.

I did find that if you driive really friggin slow all the time you can get like 15-17mpg city driving, but I mean you pull away annoyingly slow. For a while I was broke, so I had to drive that way, because I could not affor the 9-10mpg I was getting:(

A supercharger actually makes the engine run more efficiently, but with the injectors, it just flushes it just works against you

·
Founder of corral.net
1,555 Posts
14-16 MPG in town
20-23 MPG on the highway

Of course a lot of this is dependent upon how much fun I want to have. The more fun i have , the worse my gas mileage is. ;)

·
Registered
729 Posts
You can listen to me now, or hear me say, "I told you so" later." ®

That reminds me of something that Hanz and Franz from SNL used to say, [In bad Austrian accent] Listen to me now, but believe me later. :D

·
Registered
313 Posts
Off topic = Hanz & Franz were f***ing great! I miss them......:D

·
Registered
185 Posts
RioRedVert, how's the new engine coming? Know when it'll be done?

Sagres, what color is your stang? I've come across a couple of blow GTs around Hampton (I live real close to Langley AFB). Just curious if one of them was you.

·
Registered
729 Posts
DuckmanSTG said:
RioRedVert, how's the new engine coming? Know when it'll be done?
They pulled the engine out last Weekend. Its ready to take apart. I think they're waiting on some parts. They pulled the oil pan off and saw that one rod was definitely twisted. I'll probably be a lot further along in a couple of weeks. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts