Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a (ahem) "minor" mishap with a new speed bump they just put in at work, I am in need of a new mid-exhaust. I have a set of FMS ceramic headers waiting to get put on this summer and have some Flowmasters out back. I wanted to get a new h-pipe and get some magnaflows or change over to x-pipe and get some ultra-flo SS cat-back or some straight thru design mufflers. I want something that sounds mean as heck but want to get away from the Flowmaster sound that it seems that everyone in my area has. I also want something distinctive, but don't want it to sound like a ricer farting down the street. What kind of set-up should I go with?

·
Registered
705 Posts
I used to have a bassani straight x pipe it was really nice, but i went to long tubes.
Since you have the shorty headers, I would get a bassani x pipe. They idle quieter than H but when you hit the gas the x is louder and has a distinct whistle about 3000-3500rpm i loved it..
I don't know on the cat back, but I would mind having that mac 3 1/2' cat back with the chrome tails. I don't know how those muffler sound though.
the bassani xpipe it definitely the way to go though!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
i have the bassani x and a h pipe the h pipe is louder i would go with a h pipe as long as emissions isnt a problem (my x pipe is collecting dust)

·
Registered
54 Posts
you want loud go with a bassani x and cat back. they sound means as hell and it is all stainless steal. Much better than the flows and mac

·
Registered
134 Posts
all i can say is dont get MAC or Flowmasters both poor quality. And my MAC triple chrome plated tips had rust on them the 2nd day. I would get the Bassani personaly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts