Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Hubby got a new crate engine for his 94 mustang and hooked it up. He has a new battery and a new starter on it as well. When he tries to start it it turns over real slow, to slow to start the car. We even tried to jump from my Mustang to see if the new battery was to weak to turn the engine over and still it turns over to slow to start. What are we missing?!? I'm desperate for answers as his other car gave out:crying2: and I had to borrow my sisters car so he can drive my mustang and she needs the car back this Friday. :curses:

·
Registered
286 Posts
ground not hooked up right?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I'd make sure the distributor is stabbed correctly. Piston #1 traveling toward TDC on compression stroke (both valves closed if you can see them, or pressure in spark plug hole if you hold finger over it with spark plug out). as the piston travels up, look at balancer and stop rotating when the pointer hits the 10 before hitting 0 (meaning 10° Before Top Dead Center). now install dizzy with rotor pointing right at #1 plug wire. bolt dizzy down and fire it up. Also ensure spark plug wires are correctly routed (could be the actual issue if they aren't on the right plugs). once engine is idling and is warm, verify timing with a timing light and advance to 12°-14° if running premium fuel.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Had a similar issue in my old 95,ended up running a extra ground from the bell housing to the strut tower.Cranked like a champ after that,but not sure what i did different to cause the issue in the first place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts