Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I circled it in red for clarification, but while removing my transmission the person helping me disassembled the shifter instead of taking it off of the transmission as one piece. To his defense, he knows his stuff just had a brainfart when it came to my Pro 5.0. Long story short, the little ball-like piece (circled in the pic) is missing and I cannot find it. Does anybody know what the proper name for it is and where I could get it? Needless to say, without it shifting would rattly as hell. Any input welcome...yes I know it should never be lost but it was...so I am asking for help

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The link you have looks like it may be the bushing that goes on the end of the ball that actually goes into my tranny. The piece I need sits where the red circle is on the pic, from the bottom of the shifter assembly it looks like a ball shape and the shift lever actually comes through it. The bushing in the transmission just lets the ball at the end of the lever rest in it.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pro 5.0 would be your only shot.
I have a feeling you're right but I pulled out an old stock shifter and it has the ball too, so maybe the one on the Pro 5.0 is the same. And the reason I haven't taken it off of the stock one is because it is from a friend's car.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a better clarification, the ball piece circled here:

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
the pro 5.0 shifter and the stock shifter are completedly different. I highly doubt they use the same piece.......................

·
Registered
883 Posts
to get it you need to send your shifter back to PRO50 each pivot is machined to each housing/shifter arm for a proper fit/feel I inquired just a cpl months ago as I was going to look at buying one from a buddy that he took apart also ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts