Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the fastest you've seen a N/A 96-98 4.6 GT run? The reason I'm asking this is because I raced a 97 vert AT, he was talking all big and bad before we raced. Any way I beat him by 3 or 4 cars from 30-120mph. So when we got back, he told me that his car was N/A when we raced because the arming switch for the nitrous wasn't working:bs:. I think he was just pissed that he lost to me, awhile he was spraying. See sig for mods and times

Thanks

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Well if it was a N/A 96-98 AT you definetely should have destroyed him, they run in the mid-low 14.s with all the boltons. If he had the headswap done he probably is making somewhere around 250-260rwhp. Still nowhere near your HP. And if he was spraying, all depends on what shot he was running, but i would figure it would be closer, unless he was running like a 75-100 shot.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dillons98GT said:
where was this at? was it a green GT with a tan top?? with a tag that says "97"? i may know who your talking about
Yep, that was him. I think his name was mitch. We left 5 points and went to 277 to race. We raced twice and I chopped his head off both times, he wasn't too happy.

·
Registered
255 Posts
yeah thats the guy i know. he has alot of work in that car from what i have heard and seen. I was at his house the other day bc he was doing some work on my friends GT. I'm not sure if she was shooting the gas or not but I know he hasnt been lately for some mechanical reason i think. I'll have to ask him when i see him, which should be this week.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats cool, I'm just what to know if he was spraying or not. I also raced lee with the red 94-95 GT it has H/C/I and ATI Procharger.
Me and him were side by side, If I got the jump I won and if he got the jump he won, but when we both left at the same time it was door handle and door handle

·
Registered
255 Posts
i have heard about lee, never seen his car. my friend just went to orangeburg last week with him. as for mitch i will try and ask him if he was spraying next time i see him. what nights is everyone in 5 points, friday and saturday? i may need to ride out there and see whats there, not that i could keep up though. :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ha! He busted that 97's ass with me in the car, and I am 6'3" 400 lbs. Mitch claims to have a $600 Sean Hyland motor in his car, but I doubt it. If it was on motor, it suprised the hell out me. But if it was, why not have a bigger TC? Time to put the gas on the car and show him what a real nitrous car will do Josh!

·
Registered
255 Posts
well i had my friend who works with Mitch ask him about it today, and he said he wasn't spraying. Something was wrong with the switch. He also said that Mitch claimed to stay with you, i don't know him well enough to believe that but i do know Mitch bullsh^ts alittle too. I believe him about not spraying but as for how close it was, i would have to see it myself.

·
Registered
273 Posts
vrtical said:
97 GT bolt-ons stock heads/untouched, stock headers.

[email protected] 60'-1.72
Fastest I've seen. I saw the timeslip, pretty damn good, I can't seem to hit 13's.

We both have 5-speeds if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The fastest n/a '96-'98 GT I've seen run is my buddies '97 GT. He has 3.73s, off road VRS X pipe, Dynomax Ultraflows welded into the stock catback, Ford Motorsport pullies, Steeda T/A @ 14*, Densecharger, Tri-Ax, and 275/40 Pirellis on the rear and he ran consistent 14.3x @ 96.5 mph with 2.0x short times. He ran 15.1s @ 92 mph stock.

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
Then I must have a freak or something cause bone stock down to the filter I ran [email protected] mph.... either that or it was the "Cecil Mod" :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Randy does have a mostly full interior, but his car's engine is not even close to stock.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
vrtical said:
97 GT bolt-ons stock heads/untouched, stock headers.

[email protected] 60'-1.72
I've seen this car, and the timeslip, so this is verifyable, and simply amazing. BFG DR's, BTW...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.