Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv read everywhere about people removing the air intake silencer for more airflow, Iv seerched my car High and low, and cant seem to find such a thing, my old lincoln however with its S/D system did have one. Is it something unique to S/D cars?? and MAF doesnt have them??
thanks,
Jared

·
Registered
315 Posts
If you don't have one chances are someone has already removed it? It is right behind the passenger side headlight in the inner fender. If you still have the factory air box and filter, it is on the other side of that. It is black plastic and if it's there you should be able to see it. You will see a round horn looking thing when you look into the fender from the top. It was put there to keep the air noise down while accelerating. Taking it out will have no adverse effects:) The MA cars as well as the SD cars all came with them.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so its inside the fender?? hmm well all my air box is still stock.. ill check it out, the air box does suck through the fender, so it must be in there. What i was refering to on the lincoln is about 10 inches in front of the T/B the intake pipe necked down to about 50% of its original diamater, then gradualy opened back up. I read on a Mark VII that it was a big restriction, and should be replaced.. Ill have to check in the fender now!! thanks,
Jared

·
Registered
315 Posts
If you pull your filter out, look in the oblong air hole cut into the fender. If it's there you will see it , if not you will see right into the inner fender.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.