Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its somthing you put in your MAF and suppoadly it cleans out your system, supposed to be a good idea, cleans the carbon or somthing?

anyone know what it is or how it works? thanks!

·
Registered
441 Posts
What do you mean by carbon? Do you want to clean the MAF or try to get the buildup broken down in your intake and heads?

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Nitrous will clean the carbon outta your combustion chambers :D

I think the Seafoam stuff is what you're wanting

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Electric cleaner/ windex/ lacquer thinner and a cotton swab can be used to clean MAF. There is a good article with pictures at:

www.tccoa.com under the tech articles.

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/intake/index.html#

Combustion chambers and carbon buildup can be cleaned while driving with ATF. Add a samll amount to the gas tank and it will clean the build-up out as you drive. Start with a small amount like mixing for a 2 strokemotor (40:1 or 50:1). Too much and the car will smoke.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
A procedure of misting water into the intake at a high idle is probably the best way to really clean out the combustion chambers, but you have to be really careful...

I have been told a 50/50 mix of water and alcohol in a spray bottle and mist it in the TB at about 2000-2500rpm... all the parts store stuff is junk, and doesn't do crap for cleaning.

·
Registered
438 Posts
skinny pedal on the right.

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
SSKiller is right. I slight mist of water will do the job well. Besides it is cheaper than Seafoam

1 - 12 of 12 Posts