Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is where the add is : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1832461511&r=0&t=0

I thought 18 " R's were 18x 9.5 ?

This is the add :
This auction is for a set of four chrome Cobra R replica rims. The rims being auctioned are BRAND NEW IN BOX!, EXACTLY LIKE ONES IN PICTURE! They are 18" by 9.5" wide. The width on these rims is very rare. Most companies sell cobra r rims in 17X8 and 18X9 inch sizes.

I know they are knock offs ?

But is this rare ????????????????

SLICK GT

·
Registered
476 Posts
RARE??? yes in the eyes of a person that has fat pockets!, and dosent know any better. BTW, if this joker wants to sell more chrome rims, he needs to lower the car and figure out why the front tires stick out PAST the front fender lip....they look hidious:barf: he must be going for the "ghetto look" not to mention those wheels (in chrome finish) clash with the silver,IMO.

-mike

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
He's correct in that 9.5 is kinda a weird size. Usually, they're either 7,8,9,10 or larger. I don't think it adds any value to the offer.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just exactly what is up with that front wheel sticking out? Does anybody know? This is a very important question to me. All I know is that a guy I know has REAL FORD Cobra-r's on his '99 cobra (red car, silver wheel finish, lowered, and 265/35/18 on all 4 corners) It looks as good as a car could look. In fact I could stare at the stance of his car for hours and never get tired of it. Since these wheels can be purchased for a mere $700.00 at diversified products I have pretty much made up my mind that these are what I want for my car as soon as I sell my 92. Anyway, back to the original question, are these knockoffs made with some f'd-up offset? did the dork put spacers on in front and back? The '99 cobra I'm talking about does stick out a little, but just enough to look super cool, and his back ones look alittle more tucked in too. Also as far as I know real oe cobra-r's are 9.5" wide. does anybody know anything about these knockoffs. p.s. somebody buy my car!! see sig. I can e-mail pic's of car and motor all u gotta do is ask.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.