Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read all kinds of post where piston compression height is mentioned, but I can't figure out what it is. Could sombody clue me in?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
How far in, or out of the cylinder the piston is at top dead center. Also reffered to as piston deck height.

I think thats what it is anyway.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
everytime ive seen it used its been a 1.xx number so i don't think that is it.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
How tall the piston is above the top ring? That may be about right, but I'm not exactly sure. Kim or someone should be able to give a definite answer. I need to find out for sure as I will need pistons for my next motor.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
That's it. Either that or from the top of the piston to the bottom of the oil control ring. The distance from the top ring wouldn't be much over an inch if even that, I don't think

I think the height from the pin is called the piston pin height or something.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Compression height is measured from the center of the wrist pin bore to the crown(top) of the piston.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Come on guys, no guessing. If you really are not sure, please don't post BS. You just add to the confusion. Not trying to offend, but this site could be useful if posts were actually based on knowledge and experience. Everyone could have something to contribute. Less posts sometimes equals less BS.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts