Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before i get flamed, I know what it is but how do i do it? I posted about breaking my drag radials in and I was told to do a second gear burnout. Is this possible with a manual???

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Heel toe my friend.:D
Much easier in water.
Second gear is the way to go if you have gears over 3.27.
Sounds like you have been spending a lot of time at the track lately. You could benefit from a line lok.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I go to the track every week and on average I make around 20 passes in a couple hours time. Im just trying to learn how to launch now with these drag radials. im trying to break them in and was told to do a second gear burnout. Dont know how easy it is to do with the stock gears though.

·
Registered
185 Posts
put it in second gear and dump the clutch, and move your left foot to the brake. that's how i do it. i need a line lock also, and a 2 step, and etc, etc, etc.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Only do second gear after you install gears, first is fine with the stock gearing, purpose is just to get the tires spinning faster, with your gearing first is fine. YOu will smoke your clutch likely byattempting to do it in second.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Like N2O said, if you still have stock gears, a 1st gear burnout should work fine - I mean, hey, w/2.73's first gear will run you up to, what 90mph? (j/k!! :D)

With gears, just a blip to turn the tires over in the waterbox, pull out, put it in second gear, bring the revs up (4k or 5k) and pop the clutch. Quickly slide you left foot from the clutch over to the brake and apply enough pressure to keep the car from moving, and you're ssschmokin'! :)

Wade

·
Registered
655 Posts
when i did my first 2nd gear burnout, i burnt my clutch and had to get a new one, so only do them in the water so its easier on your trans......

·
Registered
185 Posts
i'm sure you don't want to do it dry, but you don't want to do your burnout IN the waterbox either. you'll drag all that water up to the staging line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts