Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
You can go to Autozone or Pep-Boys and get a 3 row for $120. It bolts right in with only minor trimming of the rubber on the brackets.

·
Registered
784 Posts
The GDI 3 row radiator works and fits pretty good. Pep boys sells them for around $100 vs $150 at Auto zone. The only problem is you have to "modify" the hold down brackets to make it fit. Still wonder why no cheap 3 row replacment brackets out there.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I wish they had a pep boyz in eastern NC. They dont mail order do they?

·
Super Moderator
27,655 Posts
Look up radiator.com or radiators.com. They used to be (may STILL be) an advertiser here and I got a 3-row rad for about $100 delivered to my door the next day. I think they're an online network of local rad shops, which would explain the very quick turnaround. But it is a good unit that dropped right in and solved my cooling problems, for cheap.

·
Super Moderator
4,771 Posts
MFE said:
Look up radiator.com or radiators.com. They used to be (may STILL be) an advertiser here and I got a 3-row rad for about $100 delivered to my door the next day. I think they're an online network of local rad shops, which would explain the very quick turnaround. But it is a good unit that dropped right in and solved my cooling problems, for cheap.
I'm using one of their 3-row radiators in my '88. Got it off of Ebay for a total of $112 including the shipping. It has a lifetime warranty. Had it since April '00. Fits in the brackets just fine. Only downfall was that there are no support clips on the bottom to sit the fan shroud in and there are no holes to line up with the top bolt holes to the shroud. I just left mine off anyway. Works great. Their Ebay seller name is radiator_doctor .

P.S. I just looked them up again and it appears they jacked the prices up $30 since the time I got mine.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Ditto on the pepboys 3 core radiator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts