Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The `01 head swap would increase the compression and I want to avoid the problems associated with it. Any aftermarket brands or should I go with a P+P on my stock heads?

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
RedRyder said:
Any aftermarket brands or should I go with a P+P on my stock heads?
:lol:

There are no after market brands. You have 2 choices, SVO/FRPP Heads that are $800+ a peice bare or 99+ headswap.

In my opinion, porting the stockers is a waste of time and money unless your strapped for cash.

Go for the headswap, unless you have lots of spare cash for the SVO/FRPP heads and intake.

Eric

·
Registered
647 Posts
Unless they've changed since I bought the SVO heads they come with valves and valvesprings assembled......it's not a bad deal if you don't want to send them off to get ported cause they flow as well as the PI heads outta the box without a compression increase.....or you could look into DTA's PI Headswap package.....

SJ

·
Registered
437 Posts
99 + heads are cheaper but I believe they raise your compression ratio. Now the SVO's you keep the same compression ratio. I would go with the SVO heads and intake but that is just me.

·
Registered
647 Posts
they're cheaper without having work done to them.....but to run a supercharger you'd have to have chamber work done.......I agree, I think the SVO stuff is the way to go for supercharging.....

SJ

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you get The Game (he's on the board) to do the porting, he can lower the compression rating for you. Once I get the money together I'm gonna send mine to him for the work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts