Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a rebuilt 302 with a cobra intake, E7TE Powerheads(1.90 intake, 1.60 exhaust with bigger combustion chambers), an F 303 cam, 70 mm Throttle body, 75 mm MAF, MAC offroad X pipe with 1 and 5/8 shorties and magnaflow mufflers. Power goes to Tremec 3550 with a king cobra clutch and aluminum driveshaft. Gears are 3.73s. I'll be uprading to 36lb injectors and a bigger pump when I go supercharged but I'm wondering which one to get and what I should expect as far as HP goes. I'm going to get one of the vortechs but I'm not sure which one to go with. Either SC trim, S trim or the SQ. Also what boost should I be running with this setup?

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Silversmith,

First, I would recommend you going to 42# injectors instead of the 36s..Main reason is they will support MAjor HP, they Idle fine (at least with my 80mm Pro-M), and they are cheaper most places than the 36s..They will be the Last injector you will ever need to buy unless your shooting for 575 or more RWHP...Also, go with the Walbro GSS-340 intank pump..Its a High pressure 255lph pump..Its the best intank on the market...I personally would either go with the S or SQ trim Blowers..I think the only difference in the 2 blowers is the SQ trim is a Quiet version of the S-Trim..The SC trim is also a Good blower that took the A-Trims place but I would step right up with the S-Trim on your combo..With a good set of 42s, you could see 400rwhp easily with this combo..I would pulley the blower to make around 10-12# of boost and get it Tuned on a Dynojet with a Wideband O2 sensor to make sure your A/F is in the Safe Zone...You will be Well satisfied in the end..

Jeff

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would go with 42's and the SQ trim like S trim said..buy a power pipe you should make around 400-450 rwhp depending on timing and gas octane....

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, 400 rwhp is actually more than I was expecting, but I'm really new to the whole forced induction game, what exactly is a power pipe? any links?

·
Registered
147 Posts
what rwhp or ET does your car runs right now?
power pipe will give you approximately like 2 lbs more also changing the crank pulley to 7.25 inch.will give you more hp
www.andersonfordmotorsport.com
also i have heard of morpheus pipe but i have not seen their quality....

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll restate, I'm new to supercharging, the car does not have one on there right now, I'm in the end stages of my rebuild and I'll eventually be supercharging the thing. I just wanted some opinions on which vortech to get and what exactly IS a power pipe. I know it'll add more boost but what is it? I know I can get more boost with diff. belts pullies etc, but I don't want to break anything with too much boost. I just want this car to be one of those sleepers that hides in plain site, somthing that looks fast, but not corvette/viper destroying fast(what I'm aiming for). :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
before getting the super, tell me more about what went into the rebuild, what compression is the motor now??? The power pipe is a 4in. pipe that is shaped to eliminate the restrictive nature of the vortech supplied inlet tube, they are said to work nicely, although you must cut the hole in the fenderwell to fit...

If you want it to be a sleeper, then make it look stock and slow, then wipe the smiles of those corvettes

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Silversmith,

A powerpipe is a Mandrel bent or Smooth Bended Intake pipe that your Vortech uses to Draw in Air from the Inner fender..The Vortech kit only comes with a Crappy 3 or maybe its 3.5" Hose tube thats Flexible and its made of a type of Material thats cheap..It could also be punctured pretty easy with a knife or a screwdriver if you dropped it on that cheap hose and Air that gets into the engine that is UNmetered by the MAF sensor will cause it to run Really Lean which is BAD..
Most powerpipes are either 3.5" or 4" tubes that go through the Pass side inner fender and the 4" are the best ones and make the most power..The less restriction that vortech has to suck in air, the more boost will be made and the more efficient the blower will be..
You will Easily and I mean EASILY dust the Vetts with your combo and an S-Trim..You will probably be able to Edge by the Dodge Vipers in the 1/4 also since most of them that
I have seen run in the high 12s...All you need to make sure you have is Proper Tuning and a GOOD fuel system

1. Walbro GSS-340 Intank pump
2. Adjustable Fuel pressure regulator
3. 42# injectors
4. a 80mm Pro-M meter IMO, the 80mm works worlds better than the 75mm they sell..

get it on a Dyno with a Wideband O2 sensor and Tune the thing for Safe performance and Have fun Dusting those Vettes..:D

Jeff

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
S-Trimmed302 said:

1. Walbro GSS-340 Intank pump
2. Adjustable Fuel pressure regulator
3. 42# injectors
4. a 80mm Pro-M meter

Jeff
Jeff likes my setup:D

·