Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know? all motor class. Just curious what all the racers run and who builds their motors.
TFS-R
Victor
Street Heats
Canfield
Victor Jr
???

Mike

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not tfs-r heads I mean seems alot of people on this board swear by them? I have even seen where Brain Tooley says his tfs-r heads are equal to victors.

Mike:confused:

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
What a wicked class....

I don't know what heads he ran but I raced(I'm using that word liberally) sam Lamanna's car - in a test and tune day at Island dragway 2 years ago. Damn thing looked like it got shot out of a cannon.

He was running a 351 block stroked down to 349 cid, G-force 5 sp, and shifted at (GASP!) 10,000 rpm's:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I watched them working on the car and heard Jim say "I upped the chip so raise the shift point from 9,600 to 10K!"

They were shutting it down at about 800 ft and coasted thru the traps....I still didn't catch up.........

If you are seriously thinking of hot street, I hope you have a FAT wallet!!!

Good luck, and BTW- most are running Victors from what I've seen.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
the intake runner is where the tfs-r suffers.has a terrible short turn and on a fully ported one you will be lucky to reach 350cfm,but i have seen victors aproach 400cfm.

fox lake used to modify the r heads by filling in the floor about an inch and then raising the roof at the same time.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ROG30Y said:
the intake runner is where the tfs-r suffers.has a terrible short turn and on a fully ported one you will be lucky to reach 350cfm,but i have seen victors aproach 400cfm.

fox lake used to modify the r heads by filling in the floor about an inch and then raising the roof at the same time.
Yea but Tooley swears by them lol.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts