Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An old friend wants to know who makes headers that will work, and which ones to go to, for headers that will work when installing a 351-w ...with g.t.40-p heads into a 96 Mustang with tremec.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Just subscribing to the thread because I would like to know also...

TTT for ya

·
Banned
6,256 Posts
use the 90 degree spark plug wires like for a chebby and install spark plugs before the headers have been tightned!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Car is a beauty Brad....But we need to know if their are any specific brand headers that are made for the installation.
I'm sure their are, but haven't had any luck searching around.
Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Good luck!

I did an extensive search, looking at all the websites, doing the search thing, and emailing all the major mfg's, incl Ford Racing.

Nothing.

Now - that's not to say some might not fit, but you'd have to take a good look at how they turn down and toward the plug location on the P's - I've seen some that look like slightly moving one tube might work.

Check on ebay - there's an outfit called headfixers in SE Indiana that often advertise upgraded P's - there's some on there now. Email them - they might have some ideas.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
My friend just put the P heads on his car. We used his old BBK shorties and they fit fine. PLugs in first. One cylinder had to use a 90 degree boot. He put some of the heat shied plug wrap stuff on it just to make sure it was ok. Been about 1 month now and everything is still fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts