Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now all I have is pipes connecting the mufflers but no h pipe... not the best way to do it... and i think they are leaky...

Is there a place I can just buy a pre-made pipe? I can't put a pipe on it to go straight back since it will hit the crossmember mountting bracket. What do you guys do!?

I will not rest until i get an answer on this!!!!!!

Thanks

Joe Zemaitis

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Might just have to buy a shorty (made for long tubed headers) H or X pipe and have new collectors fabbed up and welded on. I am not aware of any pipes with the triangle 3 bolt collector setup. BTW, how do those bad boys fit? Like 'em so far?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
flowtech shortie pipes do....might have to cut and paste

if you want 3" all the way back get a dr gas

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
If you have the long tube headers with p/n 6222 (1-5/8" primary with 3" collector) then the H-pipe you need is Hooker p/n 16764HKR (o/r short H-pipe for long tube headers). You can order this H-pipe directly through most Autozone or Advance Auto Parts stores and it retails for around $143. Just an FYI, I called Holley and they said the Flowtech stuff won't work with the Hooker pipes.

Carson

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The headers are part number 6227. They are 1 3/4 to 3" collector. I like the headers except for one part... I had to bang the hell out of the drivers side collector to clear the AOD shifter linkage... It took alot of wacks just to move the collector 1/2 or less... It clears now! They fit very nicely... Few complaints, but over all they are nice... As long as I can find an H-pipe I'll be all set! And I'm not sure If i'm hearning a leak from where the back two primaries fit together or if its something else... I will keep you posted!

Oh... Look what I found: http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65180&highlight=hooker+supercomp

But I still can't find a place that sells them!

Thanks

Joe Zemaitis

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright... It turns out that advanced autoparts sells the flowtech h-pipe... and they said if it doesn't fit they will take it back at full price that I paid... Sounds like a deal to me! We'll see if it works... looks like it should.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Like I said earlier, I called Holley when I was trying to find the right H-pipe for my application (Hooker Super Comp p/n 6222) and I asked him if the Flowtech stuff will work because I could get it through Summit and he said no, the Flowtech parts aren't designed to be compatible with the Hooker parts. If, by some odd chance you find something that works then more power to you but why not just take the 30 minutes or whatever to call Holley and speak to someone in their tech department that can give you the proper part number, that way you only have order the part once and you'll get it done sooner. Good luck.

Carson

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont know what other kinda header those h-pipes would work for... Hooker is one of the only that I can think of that has a 3 bolt collector... They sure look like it will work... The bend on the driverside to clear the crossmember ect... I will let you know next week how it goes.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My problem is... The right part doesn't look like the right part. About 4 inches back from my header collector on my drivers side theres the tranny crossmember... So I need a quick bend in the pipe for it to clear... I thought I read someplace that someone had a flowtech H-Pipe on there hooker headers...

I saw a picture of the hooker headers H-Pipe and the pipe pretty much goes straight back without any quick curves... If I had a different crossmember that didn't use the stock mounting locations I'd be set....

I wish you could see what I'm seeing under my car... The flow tech looks close if not exact... I may or may not have to tweak it...

Joe Zemaitis

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I'm 99% sure the flowtech H will fit
I'm just not sure whether the collectors spin

the flowtechs are copyied from hookers, they both end up pointed at the cross member to clear auto linkages

I had my 3" H made at muffler shop for$150

If you want 3", ashphalt jungle makes 3" to match those exact gheaders

another suggestion, get a mac prochamber and cut and redo the flange

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I thought about getting a regular H-Pipe and redoing the flange, but I dont want to take the thing to an exahust shop... I hook my car to mufflerman to make the pipes to directly connect to the cat back without the H connection.... Well... It was ugly and there was alot of bends and where the put the collector flange on there was like... a pipe in a pipe really restricting the flow.... Sorry if this isn't making sence... Its kinda like they welded the H-Pipe collector into the pipe with the pipe on sideways so I would clear the crossmember... NOT GOOD.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
slow87GT said:
another suggestion, get a mac prochamber and cut and redo the flange
Thats what my friend did for his 393ci 92 LX convert. Sounded awesome with the Hooker 1 3/4 lt's, 3" prochamber and 3" MAC cat back.

Billy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts