Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 98 Cobra with a T66 turbo kit that will probably be cranking up this weekend or next. I have 4:10's now and I'm gonna change them, but I'm not sure what ratio to use. I'm thinking either 3:55's or maybe 3:73's. I'm aiming for @500 hp. Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
But, in theory, if the car is revving too fast, doesn't that mean that you're accelerating that much faster?

I have to shift into 4th gear at about 80-85mph with my 5 speed 4.10's. So, if the car revved 3rd gear faster than lightning, wouldn't that just mean that I'm at 85mph faster than lightning?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True, but with the 4:10's I will have a huge traction problem on the street. It will be fun to roast tires in 4th, but I'll run out of gear in the 1/4 mile at the track. I'm almost at redline in 4th gear in the qtr. mile normally aspirated. I got a soultion though. My friend is giving me his 3:27's tomorrow and if that's too low we'll get some 3:55's. Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
41 Posts
True, but with the 4:10's I will have a huge traction problem on the street. It will be fun to roast tires in 4th, but I'll run out of gear in the 1/4 mile at the track. I'm almost at redline in 4th gear in the qtr. mile normally aspirated. I got a soultion though. My friend is giving me his 3:27's tomorrow and if that's too low we'll get some 3:55's. Thanks for the suggestions.

[/B]

98CobraT66'd

Let me know how the 3.27's feel, i wont have my car for another 2 weeks maybe 3..and it was the first thing i plan on doing..
the info would be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
136 Posts
3.27s or 3.55s.

i have 3.08s and have no plans to change them. not really important unless you're trying to eek out that last tenth. my 3.08s give me a 4th gear that is insane on the freeway.

·
Registered
223 Posts
who put the turbo on your cobra? If possible i would like to see pictures of it. the turbo 4v's really have my interest. did you keep all factory accesories?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm doing the install by myself. I've kept most accesories. Got rid of EGR, Mass Air Meter, no more swaybar, and no more cats. Keeping everything else. I should have some pictures one day this week.

·
Registered
223 Posts
i think that is great and will probably start this project maybe next year? where did you source your materials? luckily i have a friend who just bought his own cnc machine so he can cut any flange that i need.

what size header primaries and cross over did you go with?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was a kit from TDC...don't think you can get any more though. I think the headers are 1.25 or 1.5 inch primaries and the crossover pipe is about 2 inches. 3 inch up pipe and 3 inch down pipe. All Jet Hot coated. Check out this website. This guy is doing his own kit on a mod motor in a fox body. Pretty nice fab work. http://www.meacham.pointclark.net/modmotor/new_page_1.htm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts