Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i will be adding my svo heads that i've had laying around in my closet for 2 yrs cathing dust.bare in mine a 11 sec slip is my goal for this car.after that 11.99 goal the blower is coming off and the car will be N/A for a while.i will also add a set of cams to go with the heads.
Randy.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Where are u located, it seems to me with those 60 foots and your HP your ET should be much better. What altitude are you racing at.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i race at epping.n.h which is a sea level track.times were on a badly slipping clutch.should see some 12.40's with a new clutch in the spring,and then with the heads i should get that 11.99

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have an svo intake so the C&L stuff wont work.i know i need to take 100 lbs out the car.3520 race weight/

·
Registered
26 Posts
How much boost are you running? I have a set of svo heads and intake that are going on in the spring, and I was curious how much power I would see if I added a vortech s-trim. I was going to go with the 3.60" pulley, because I am still on the stock bottom end, and don't want to push it too much. As far as your initial question, with a set of blower cams, the heads and a clutch, I think you should easily get that 11-second slip.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
with the AFM power pipe and the 3.125 pulley i see between 12-14psi.you can make over 450rwhp with the svo heads and intake.i did it a couple yrs ago
with stock 96 cams,shorty headers and a mail order chip.it was 462rwhp.a set of cams would have got me over 500rwhp.unfortunatly i destroyed the piston rings on my forged block.(gas wash) due to being too right during the inital break in period.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Rear seat delete, new tubular k-member, race seats is a very good start at dropping some lb's but very costly as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts