Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What fan are you guys running? How much clearance does it leave you? What did you do for an overflow(if you can't keep the stock one) Thanks!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Guess you've already seen mine but here it is again. Mark 8 fan (trimmed shroud), stock overflow, 12 rib blower pulley, Ron Davis radiator, trimmed radiator support frame, no A/C condenser, 1/4" clearance.

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
Any of you guys running a Vortech with a 3-core radator and a SN-95 fan?

I have the fan offset to the driver's side but just want to make sure i won't have to change anything

·
Registered
522 Posts
Are you running the sn95 fan allready. And is it keeping the car cool enough? I dont want to ditch the ac or anything like that on my car. But I know an electric fan would really help. I keep hearing that the black magic is kindof a pile.

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
slowblown5.0 said:
Are you running the sn95 fan allready. And is it keeping the car cool enough?
Yeah, the fan has been in since the beginning of last summer. It performed very well. I could sit in traffic on 90 degree days and the temp will barely creep past 190* with the fan running. In the fall and winter, i barely even need the fan. And amazingly enough, that was with underdrive pulleys (which gotta go when i do a blower).

I have a Pep Boys 3-core radiator ($150), a Pep Boys Bosch Water pump ($50) and an SN95 fan along with some water wetter and my temp has yet to go past 195 degrees on my autometer mechanical gauge.

·
Registered
522 Posts
allright cool--did you get the fan at a junk yard? Does any sn95 fan work? Just so I get this right is sn95 the 95's and up or does it include the 94? Did it just bolt in? How do you contol it?

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
I have a SN-95 fan and everything needed to bolt it in for sale. The fan is from a 95 mustang. It comes with the overflow bottle, thermostat housing with temp switch mounted in it. I have the brackets I made to mount the fan in a fox body. I will sell everything except the relay kit for $100 or $110 shipped to your door.

·
Registered
522 Posts
do you mind me asking why you are selling. I am blown so I dont know if it can handle it? I would want all the wiring and relay stuff too or can you tell me what exactly you used.

[email protected]---let me know very interested

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
slowblown5.0 said:
allright cool--did you get the fan at a junk yard? Does any sn95 fan work? Just so I get this right is sn95 the 95's and up or does it include the 94? Did it just bolt in? How do you contol it?
I got mine from a '95 V6. I know 94-95's are all the same. V8's have a two speed and V6's have a high speed only.

I paid $10 from a junkyard for it, $15 for a tapped thermostat housing from parts store and $20 for a 195on/185off temp switch.

I have it running off a bosch 75AMP relay and the temp switch is tied in on the ground side of the relay with a toggle switch in the middle so i can manually shut it off. Most of the parts i used for the wiring i got at pep boys.

I may look into automatic control, but as it is the fan only really runs 25% of the time

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I run the spal dual 11 inch fan setup. Works incredibly well.

I also have a single spal 16 inch fan for sale if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
613 Posts
John91

Guess you've already seen mine but here it is again. Mark 8 fan (trimmed shroud), stock overflow, 12 rib blower pulley, Ron Davis radiator, trimmed radiator support frame, no A/C condenser, 1/4" clearance.
Where exactly did you trim the radiator support?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts

Pictures came out too small so go to the cafords website in my sig.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
How thick is a Lincoln mark 8 fan?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Another vote for the trimmed Lincoln Mark 8!!! Just cap off the middle wire in the harness...

·
Registered
530 Posts
Mark 8 is 6" thick. You can trim it down to 4 1/2" to 5". I've got one stuffed in 90LX with a 3 core rad and Vortech 10-rib pulleys. If you don't think the fan will fit after trimming, you can move your radiator forward by modifiying the mounting brackets a little or removing the rubber pads, angle the bottom of the radiator into the front clip of your vehicle with new bottom brackets, or even trim out metal from the radiator support bracket for the rad's end tanks to fit into like John91coupe's.

I've got 3 Mark VIII's I'm trying to get rid of. Anybody need one, PM me.

·
Registered
380 Posts
i'm running a Lincoln Mark VIII fan, Summit 31x19 radiator with A/C and the 8 rib Renegade crank pulley. It all fits....barely, with the bottom of the radiator resting in the space where the condenser used to be. Fan is flipped upside down to the driver's side for clearance as well.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Blue Mule said:
Mark 8 is 6" thick. You can trim it down to 4 1/2" to 5". I've got one stuffed in 90LX with a 3 core rad and Vortech 10-rib pulleys. If you don't think the fan will fit after trimming, you can move your radiator forward by modifiying the mounting brackets a little or removing the rubber pads, angle the bottom of the radiator into the front clip of your vehicle with new bottom brackets, or even trim out metal from the radiator support bracket for the rad's end tanks to fit into like John91coupe's.

I've got 3 Mark VIII's I'm trying to get rid of. Anybody need one, PM me.
Thanks for the info. I was hoping maybe they were thinner than my current Taurus fan. Going to be running a 50mm cog drive with my X trim and things will be tight. I'll fab something up though.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
odd,,,i have a 8 rib vortech & a fms rad. i have just under 4 inches to "play" with. i ended up with the dual dcc fan set up. should be in this weekend.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
NC STANG GUY said:
Thanks for the info. I was hoping maybe they were thinner than my current Taurus fan. Going to be running a 50mm cog drive with my X trim and things will be tight. I'll fab something up though.
Just an FYI. My 12 rib is about the same width as a 50 mm cog belt and it fits with mine. Refer to the pictures on the cafords website.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts