Ford Mustang Forums banner

What does a 15000 mile servicing entail?

814 views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  MPGT 
#1 ·
So apparantly I need a 15000 mile servicing on the GT?? They want $279 for everything? But I'm thinking if it's just like oil change and such, I could do it myself. Anyone know what I'm paying for, or is this just a ripoff?

#4 ·
StoplightWarrior said:
So apparantly I need a 15000 mile servicing on the GT?? They want $279 for everything? But I'm thinking if it's just like oil change and such, I could do it myself. Anyone know what I'm paying for, or is this just a ripoff?
You get to touch your toes and let Ford spank you with the paddle for 30 minutes straight. All that for $279 but if you act now, the price will be $269.99 and you get a group hug with your service advisor and all the ford techs :evil:

Seriously tho, it should say in your owners manual what is to be performed at your scheduled intervals. I can't image anything major around the 15k mark.. possibly rotating the tires, checking fluids, etc.

Good luck,
Tim

#10 · (Edited)
I think the fuel filter should be replaced every 18000 miles. You could do it now especially if you let the gas tank run low. :cool:

P.S- are you sure they didn't misunderstand you for 50,000 mile service instead of 15,000. Sounds like alot of $$$$$$$:eek: and your not even sure what they will do??????

#11 ·
What PMAZZ01 says is about right. My service manual says for 15,000: Change oil and filter, Inspect cooling system hoses and clamps, check coolant strength, adjust clutch, rotate tires, adjust air pressure. Couldn't be more than 2 billable hours at $35-40 plus oil and filter. Maybe $100 absolute maximum, giving the benefit of the doubt.

$279 sounds way too high.

#12 ·
THE LABOR RATE SHOULD NOT HAVE A LOT TO DO WITH
MANTENANCE, THAY SHOULD HAVE A SPEICAL FOR STUFF
LIKE THAT, AND FUEL FILTER IS A 30K THING THAT IS THE MAGIC
MILEAGE FOR ALL MAJOR SERVICE JUST LOOK IN YOUR
MANTENANCE GUIDE.!!!!

IF YOU WANT MORE INFO E-MAIL ME

:D

#13 ·
i was offered this but never took it except mine was like $250 anyways it involves oil changes and all that stuff, check and top off all fluids, check battery, clean fuel injectors, check fuel system, brakes, and some more stuff lots of stuff but its something that should be needed at a 30,000 mile range the car is still to new for that stuff in my opinion but from what i hear if you don't get it done and you have problem with one of these problems if you never did it ford may not have to honor the warranty on the part something i heard dunno if its true

#15 ·
My dealer wants $240 for my 15K service. It's a complete scam. That is twice what my honda dealer charged me for a 2000 civic si, and I thought that was a rip.

Yeah, I'm a loyal ford man, just look how good they treat me, ridiculous service prices and interior that looks like it was assembled by wild monkeys.

I'm now at 17K, I'm just going to take it to a local shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.