Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think that my car could run with my mods. It's a 94 GT coupe with a 5spd and 3:73's. Last year I ran a best of 13.8 @ 107 with my boost retard set at 1.5 and on bald street tires. Oh yeah, that was like a 2.45 60 foot. This was done with the mods that I have listed in my sig. The only thing I have changed, is new Nitto drag radials(275/40/17) and I will be turning the boost retard off. This is all assuming that I'm a pretty good driver, but not a pro by all means. Thanks for any imput.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
With any kind of traction you should see 12's easy, maybe mid 12. With those 60' times you were spinning you a$$ off, that is one reason for the high mph. 107 mph is good, just need work on the launch, stick tires is a good start.

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Yeah 107mph is a great mph! I'd think with the better rubber high 12's should be expected. The norm on those tires are like 1.8-1.9 60fts if your new to traction...and usually 1.7's once you get the hang of it! Your ET's are going to drop drastically with the Drag Radials!

By the way how much boost are you pushing?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your imput. I was hopeing on hitting a high 12 on the Nitto's and there is only one way to find out. Thanks

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eades50, I'm seeing 8#'s of boost at 6000RPM. That is on the untouched E7's.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have almost the same setup

I have a similar setup
stock heads and engine
V2 sq 8psi
full exhaust/ long tubes
5 speed
3:73
with 0 retard
and good reminton tires
342rwhp 359rwtq

13.0 @108.1 2.15 60ft
highest mph 109.4
(i have done a low as 1.88 with dunlops in 1/8)
With those drag radails I bet you could hit 12.6-70's

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do not have a power pipe, but I have been concidering getting one. Maybe you could help me out with this? I've heard that you need a shorty mass air metor or something like that to make the power pipe work. Is this true or not? Also, what size and brand Mass air metor would you guys recomend? I currently have a 70mm. One last thing, AFM sells just the power pipe or the power pipe with the better bypass valve built into it. What would you recomend? Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts