Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my 95 gt up today and backed it out of the grarge. It was cold, and i didnt give it enought gas so it stalled. i tried to restart but it wouldnt. the tach was jumping all over the place when i was tring to restart the car too. i hear the fuel pump, theres gas at the little valve. but still no start. after about 15 min, i tries again and nothing. then i starting messing around with stuff in the engine bay, checking the fuses, etc. al fine. i retried and it started. yeah, but when i closed the hood it died?????? i went back into the car and noticed that the tach was going crazy, the shift light ramdomly lighting, and when the door opens and closes it effects it. what do YOU think is the problem??? im lost.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Check to make sure all your ground wires are connected properly. My car acted crazy when I forgot to hook up a ground once. Something worth looking at I guess, good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree, my brothers stang was doing some crazy things one night when he forgot to reconnect th eleft side ground.

Good luck.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok. i just cleaned the batt. cables and the conections and it started with no problem. i thought that it was fixed and took it for a drive and soon found out that all was not ok. at first it ran fine, then i restarted it after letting it sit for about a min, it was perfect. then when i went to back out it started to loss power and it made a quite muffled back fireing sound?!?! most of the way home it did this. the power just drops with a really mellow back spitting sound. what could that be? thanks for the help btw.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the help that you guys have provided. the problem was that the wire that i ran off the negative of the coil, had moved down and burned itself onto the headers. so i did indeed have a shorted out coil. i re-did everything and the car runs like a champ. i pulled the plugs also, and they look real good. i thought they would get alittle burnt from the NOS. thanks again.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Glad you got it fixed, I know you probably won't believe me but my next guess was going to be to check the coil, that has given me some problems as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts