Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At cd03 this year i ran a 13.6 at 103 with 2.16 60foot, combo was 3.27s some old tires, and lakewood lift bars. I new there had to be more in the car, gt-40 heads, extroned honed intake i think a b cam, and thats all i got. So i started changing stuff, now it has 4.10s, fresh tloc rebuild, lowercontrol arms, boxed uppers, drag launch kit, adj struts, alum drive shaft, and i just picked up a used 3550, i will also be running slicks, do you guys think i can get down to a 12.8

i think i solved the traction problem, but i really dont know if my motor will put out enough power to get a 12.8

i was thinking bout taking some weight off, interior leaving car.

thanks ike

·
Premium Member
4,226 Posts
well...103 should be plenty of mph to run a 12. If you can get your 60's down in the 1.7-1.8 range I see no problem running a 12. Any weight you can remove will only help you.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
with an old stock setup i used to go [email protected] on all seasons and no suspension and 13.0 on slicks also..not enuff gear to get it into the 12's..the traction down low would make up for the loss of gearing up top

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have 4.10s so i think gearing wont be a prob, also running 26" slicks so im not really worried bout gearing, i check and for me to trap 107 i need to take a stock short block witha b cam to 5500, pretty high for my motor i think

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I trapped 103 and ran a 13.0... That was with a 1.758 60' time also. i think a low 1.7 and you could see a 12.8-12.9... but you could also see a higher mph.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im thinking ill need intake, and a bigger cam to get to the 12.5s

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
you might... but not the cam. I know for a fact a stock cam is plenty to go mid to low 12s... and even with a set of milled stock heads I think its plenty to go 12.5s. Obviousely the suspension will play a big role, as well as traction, but your motor is making the power to go 12s. Your mods are there for 12s also.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
guess i have to get to the track as soon as it opens. i hope i can cut my 60 foot down. ive heard every 10th off my 60 is 2ths later on down the track. If i can get a 1.7 60foot, that would take bout 6 tenths off, that would b a 12 sec run

1 - 9 of 9 Posts