Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Ive got a 99 Stang Gt (in my Sig) My previous run was a 13.15 with port & polished upper, steeda pulleys, magnaflow Catted X, flowmasters, 3.73s, Spec Stage 1 clutch, and a relocated battery............Now I have all of the listed above with Longtubes, 85mm Mass Air, 70mm TB, and hurst short throw shifter......
What do you guys think i will run with my new mods........

Dave

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on I just want to know how many tenths i will pick up with LongTubes, Mass air, Throttle body, and shifter......

Anyone?!

·
Registered
795 Posts
SuperDavesGT said:
come on I just want to know how many tenths i will pick up with LongTubes, Mass air, Throttle body, and shifter......

Anyone?!
The longtubes should be worth a couple of tenths. So if you're not in the 12's on slicks I'd suggest killing yourself:D

Jay

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
race red '00 said:
[email protected] is my guess. I notice that in your sig it says you have 22x8x15 slicks. Surely you aren't realy running that small of a tire.
YES SIR.... they put somwhere between 4.10 and 4.30 ratio to the ground......The pull me out of the hole like a Motha $%#*er and if I dont hit at least 12.85 this time im gonna be pissed.....
Thanks yall
Dave

·
Registered
795 Posts
SuperDavesGT said:
YES SIR.... they put somwhere between 4.10 and 4.30 ratio to the ground......The pull me out of the hole like a Motha $%#*er and if I dont hit at least 12.85 this time im gonna be pissed.....
Thanks yall
Dave
Dude, a 1.76 60' on slicks is not "out of the hole like a Motha $%#*er " :rolleyes: You should be at least a tenth better on slicks:confused:

Jay

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry you dont agree with my opinion Dude. If I think it pulls.....
I think it pulls......and you aint got a reason to say s*#t about it unless you just wanna talk big...........
My Cd player flys out when i launch....I was impressed with my car the first time It happend so I like it so dont say anything unless you have someing good to say.........

Dave

·
Registered
114 Posts
JayC said:
The longtubes should be worth a couple of tenths. So if you're not in the 12's on slicks I'd suggest killing yourself:D

Jay
:lol:

·
Registered
795 Posts
SuperDavesGT said:
Sorry you dont agree with my opinion Dude. If I think it pulls.....
I think it pulls......and you aint got a reason to say s*#t about it unless you just wanna talk big...........
My Cd player flys out when i launch....I was impressed with my car the first time It happend so I like it so dont say anything unless you have someing good to say.........

Dave
The numbers don't lie.......a 1.76 on slicks isn't anything to brag about:rolleyes:
BTW you asked for opinions so you have to take the good with the bad. It's not my job to blow sunshine up your a$$
Jay

·
Registered
63 Posts
jayc, you have impressive numbers. dont be hard on the guy, the best 60 i ever cut was a 1.9 and i about **** myself.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
yes, you are a bit too harsh, find me the book that says a 1.76 60 ft with stock shifter and barely heatin the tires at all (dave is cheap and does whatever he can to save as much money as possible so he can buy more go fast goodies and put more distance on the local camaros, and recently hes dealt a vette or two a pounding) is a bad 60 ft...good ol dave picked them slicks up for 100 bucks... once again dave is cheap, yet very efficient, and one hell of a driver if you asked me (you didnt) yes he asked for opinions, but it is somewhat of an unwritten rule that a$$holes like yourself should keep their negative comments to themselves, if dave heated his tires instead of spinning them just enough to get all the water/pebbles off, hed prolly leave that old 60ft in the dust, (this is a bolt on car after all) in fact to further prove my point about him not heating the slicks, he chirps the tires in all 4 gears down the strip...ha its quite a sight, gets people in the stands talkin thats for sure, but if they were nice and hot/sticky, i bet hed catcha second gear chirp and maybe a bit of one in third, but i seriously doubt hed be catchin them 4th gear chirps anymore...also, how can you blame his 60 time on his tires??? they seem to help weight transfer hella and they bite pretty good, barely any slip off the line, do you even know where he is launching?? ha i didnt think so, try 33-3400(scared of axle breakage), imagine with hot tires and a 5500 launch, so yeah instead of blowin sunshine up someone's arse, how about your back your own up first

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
oh and btw, im guessin youll be hittin 12.7? with some very good weather, and 12.8s on the avg. early spring night

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
remember last time i ran the 13.15 It was hot and humid now its dry and cool.......

·
Registered
294 Posts
JayC said:
The numbers don't lie.......a 1.76 on slicks isn't anything to brag about:rolleyes:
BTW you asked for opinions so you have to take the good with the bad. It's not my job to blow sunshine up your a$$
Jay
i pulled 1.77s-1.79s on 275 nittos
a 1.76 on a slick is not impressive, if you think it is jumping like a mofo off the line, you need to realign your perception

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ill be sure to pull a better 60ft next time to satisfy everyone......
Im gonna launch at 6K.....oppose to 3500

Dave

·
Registered
170 Posts
wow not much tech in this thread.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
da/\/\n your a winner Jay, if it belongs in the lounge, why did you even click to read it ? i think he would get much better response from guys that actually know their shat when it comes to the sohc's, and not nearly as many people visit the lounge...i donno how long youve been cruising this forum, but people ask that kind of stuff all the time, and nobody else bitches about it...

just some guy....ha remember me??? and dave i suppose....yeah you were spoutin your mouth off tryin to make some guy feel dumb, and i jumped in to correct you, and you threw a nice hissy and tried to play name callin games etc., nice throwback to kindergarten!!! what kind of a jackass needs somebody to tell them to dump the clutch at the track on slicks??? "watch for the lights then dump the clutch" DUHHHHHH thanks for the enlightenment...

the CD player flyin out of the dash isnt because of a violent launch??? (its the ford factory mounted one btw, not some hillbilly mounted pioneer) i suppose the CD player decided to go on a little jaunt since the dash was pickin on it....right???

1 - 20 of 79 Posts