Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend is considering selling his Z24 and getting a 99+ auto GT. I am trying to convience him to get a 5 speed. He asked me what the auto GT's normally run in the 1320. I am thinking mid to high 14's. Am I correct? Anyone with a auto please post your times/mods.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well from what Ive read, anywhere between a 14.3-14.8 @ 96-98 mph. depends on weather, humidity, alltitude, track conditions and driver too. I have a auto and sometimes I love it (traffic, racing, cruising), but I could live with a manual too. A shift kit and gears (torque converter if youre a racer) and you should be at least even with a manual with similar mods.

·
Registered
300 Posts
radaman said:
Well from what Ive read, anywhere between a 14.3-14.8 @ 96-98 mph. depends on weather, humidity, alltitude, track conditions and driver too. I have a auto and sometimes I love it (traffic, racing, cruising), but I could live with a manual too. A shift kit and gears (torque converter if youre a racer) and you should be at least even with a manual with similar mods.
yep! I ran a 14.4 @97 stock.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I ran a 14.46 with gears, x-pipe, and mufflers at a crappy track so I would say stock I would have ran 14.60's stock on that track.. possibly a tenth better at a nicer track.......

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
14.20 very very stock

13.97 with a K&N, trimed silencer ,no spare , the tires aired up in the front and good weather.

have X-pipe, mufflers ,4:10s and chip shooting for 13.50's if I have finnaly gotten rid of this bad miss.

·
Registered
148 Posts
14.3 bone stock. And not LS1.com bone stock which is a maf, lid, k&n, throttle body, chipped....

Stock as deliverd from Ford.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well we just got back from driving a 2000 red/tan Coupe GT. The car has 41,xxx on it and they were asking 15,8xx for her. Seemed a tad high to me but maybe Im wrong. It doesn't have the Mach 460 but it does have a cd player/tape player. I didn't drive the car but It seemed to ride like my 99. The car is all stock it seemed. We were running late so didn't pop the hood. The only concern I have with it is at WOT the car will not chirp second gear. Having never driven the auto 4.6's I don't know if this is normal for the car or not, but I found it rather odd.

The car needs an alignment real bad. You take your hands off the wheel and it starts to turn right. I didn't get the vin to run a carfax but we will do that if/when he decides to buy. The car over all is in good shape cosmeticaly. He has 4.10's/shift kit/torque converter/subframes in mind as mods. This being his first RWD/V8 car Im trying to keep him alive.

If anyone has any advice for what to look for/look out for when buying this car it would be helpful. We are going to put it on a lift/take it on a longer drive and then try to borrow it for the night to take it on our tests.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That is pretty pricey. I just picked up a 00 5spd with 37k on the odometer, Mach, leather, every option for 13,8xx. Look around, you can find a better deal somewhere.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anyone know what the invoice price is of a new 04 GT? The same dealership is doing a $49 over invoice on new GT's.
My friend really wants a blue or Min Gray car with the Mach 460. So we need to keep looking around a little bit. I thought that the car was a little high in price.

·
Registered
214 Posts
600 Foot Elevation track. Quickest run I saw with a 02 Stock Auto GT was [email protected] MPH. Auto were running 14.54-14.8 all night! 5 speed were running 14.18 was the quikest to 14.69 in stock trim.

So the 5 speeds seem quicker!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
99 GT Coupe sw said:
The only concern I have with it is at WOT the car will not chirp second gear. Having never driven the auto 4.6's I don't know if this is normal for the car or not, but I found it rather odd.
With the stock EEC programming it shouldn't chirp 1-2 at WOT. If you do a J-Mod or get the right kind of chip it sure will though.

·
Registered
670 Posts
dammmmn I bought my 99 black GT 5 speed with 44.7K on the odo for 10,000, but I knew the guy and he just gave me more than what dodge dealer was offering him for trade in which was 9200.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The only concern I have with it is at WOT the car will not chirp second gear. Having never driven the auto 4.6's I don't know if this is normal for the car or not, but I found it rather odd
Mine doesnt either. 2nd gear is way to tall for the displacement and valve body tuning to chirp second.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
94Cougar4.6L said:
With the stock EEC programming it shouldn't chirp 1-2 at WOT. If you do a J-Mod or get the right kind of chip it sure will though.
OK I was wondering about this. Thanks for the info.

So this car is way over priced. My friend wants a blue GT with the black leather and the bullits. So we still have to keep looking.

edit: What year did ford release the blue? Was it 99 or did it only come out after a few years? Also, what trans does the 5 speed 99's come with? The T5 or the T45?

edit #2: Who makes a shift kit for the 99+ AODE?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
99 GT Coupe sw said:
What year did ford release the blue? Was it 99 or did it only come out after a few years? Also, what trans does the 5 speed 99's come with? The T5 or the T45?
Ford has offered some sort of blue every year, 99-00 it was Bright Atlantic Blue and Atlantic Blue, then 01 they offered True Blue, then at some point they started offering sonic blue.

99s come with T-45, 01+ come with TR-3650

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
paid 11,900 my 2000 5-sp with 51k over a year ago. so, it's way overpriced in my book. keep looking, there are better deals. construction traffic always makes me want an auto. and i must just really really really suck at driving, cause with short throw shifter, mac catback and mac o/r h my best is 14.12. my normal is in the 14.20 to 14.30 range.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Who makes a good shift kit for the auto trans?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts