Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember on my old tranny my friend used some sort of a pump to push the fluid in there, not quite sure where to get one though. Anybody know what they're called? I'm thinking of just throwing in some synthetic ATF fluid, maybe redline or something. Would I be able to drain the tranny fluid in with the oil and then drop it off at my local gas station?

thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
I just used a siphon pump I got at pep boys. Worked like a champ. I used Mobil 1 synthetic ATF and It helped out the 1-2 grind most ppl with T45's have. It's virtually nonexistant now. Yah, the gas station will take it. Good luck...

·
Registered
346 Posts
i use just a regular garden sprayer. just put the right amount of fluid in it, pump it up and set the trigger lock. works like a charm

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies guys. I know where the drain plug is but where is the fill hole on a tremmec tranny? I never looked, just tryin' to save myself a hassel later on. Also how much fluid will I need?

thanks again

·
Registered
47 Posts
About 6 inches above the drain plug....way way away from human reach :rolleyes:

Naw it's not that bad but a pump will be your only option other than removing the shifter.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just take out the Fill plug so u know when to stop. You dont want to much in there. then take out the shifter and fill it like that,

What kinda trany fuild are you getting, i use the GM syncomesh or MTL redline

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dunno what I'm gonna go with, anything synthetic really. The main reason I'm swapping fluids is either one of the bolts on the triax was loose, or it's just leaking fluid from the shifter. I opened it up to put custom gaskets in there to quiet it down and there was fluid everywhere. My tranny shifts fine at high rpms, I never miss a shift and it never grinds but at cruising speed I do notice it's alot more notchy then my T45 was. Also I'm hoping I can gain a few ponies to the wheels with this because when I dyno'd I had pretty low numbers, they changed my air fuel ratio and added timing and the dyno numbers were identical EVERYWHERE in the curve. One of the guys said it looks like the car is hitting a wall and since then it's been implanted in my head that maybe it's something in the driveline. Then again once I get an idea in my head it's pretty hard to dismiss it. This make sense to anybody else? lol

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a T45, swapped over to synthetic fluid then blew my rear. Brought the car to a friend of mine that works at ford and he was able to get me a new rear and tranny under warantee. So now I got a tremec in there with whatever fluid ford puts in.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My T45 takes 2.5 Qts. I dont know if the tremec takes the same... Its literally a 30 minute job though, quicker if you have acess to a lift.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya know last time I changed tranny fluid I read on here that it took 2.5 quarts and it really took 4.5.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts