Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be getting my car back soon with a complete turbo kit installed. It is said I will be running 8lbs with ~425rwhp. This will be fine for me for only so long as I will probably get used to it. What is needed to get more power out of the engine SAFELY??? I have the main idea about bolt ons and power adders but when it comes to internals I don't have much of a clue.
Do I have to get new rods and pistons and all that good stuff? and how much power would I be looking at? What would be the best bang for the buck when it comes to this kind of set up?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
for real power, Connecting rods, Pistons, ring kits, new Crank(maybe) better intake, stage one or two heads, cams, larger down pipe maybe, boost controller, better intercooler. Shall I keep going?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That should be good for now. I am looking for things that I haven't already replaced or spent money one. Like a new intercooler or downpipe would be out of the question. I am looking for more internal things but that seems to cover it pretty well. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts