Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Im gonna sell my car soon, but Im gonna paint it first. What color do you think will make it worth more, or more desireable? I was thinkin the newer Sonic Blue.....

Any input greatly appreciated. Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
436 Posts
White, if you are going to sell it. You want it to appeal to the most possible people. If you paint it sonic blue you are going to hope the buyer likes the color.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
what color is it now? i would keep it the stock color becaus there nothing worse than looking to buy a car only to find out that the door jams and things are a different color.

take care,
adam

·
Registered
436 Posts
That too, I was assuming he was having the whole car painted. If the car is straight just respray the stock color, so it looks good. Cars that have been painted, especially stockish cars, make it look like you are covering something up. When I buy cars I would rather get a car for cheap with a crappy paint job and have it done myself. Plus figure if the benefits will outweigh the cost of the paint.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its maroon right now, I would paint the jambs and everything tho. In my area, people will pay top dollar for a nice lookin car. Right now I could probably get 3k, but if I paint it, I could get 4.5 - 5k. It would only cost a few hundred if I did it myself too. I dont know, I dont really like white myself, is that a popular color? Thanks

·
Registered
436 Posts
White is just an impartial color, people usually have no like/dislike towards it. Make sure you paint the engine bay too and don't get overspray everywhere, whatever color you choose, I guess anything is better than burgundy.

·
Registered
751 Posts
dont forget you have to paint the engine compartment if your going to change the color

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dang, I forgot about the engine compartment. It would be hard with the engine in right? Whats the easiest way? thanks

·
Registered
751 Posts
you weould have to take everything out of the engine compartment...IMO its not worht the trouble if your selling hte car....just paint the outside with the same stock color or a close shade of it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts