Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a clutch and was thinking SPEC stage 2. The say they are good to 400 HP. That's a lot of money though. Also I thing by the time I get to 400 HP I will need a another one anyway?

Opinions?

I was thinking maybe SPEC stage 1 or King Cobra?

All Opinions and suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I just had a SPEC Stage 1 installed. I am completely happy with it. It grabs like you wouldn't believe.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really! Hmmm I like the sound of that. I have never had any other clutch than th HD motorsport so I'm kind of lost here.

By the way your car looks sweet from what I can see in the avitar.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Clutch

I would not recomend the Centerforce DF. I just put one on my highly modded 1990 GT. The thing now slips after just 2 passes. The manufacturer states a 450 to 500 mile break in period. I had about 350 mile on mine and felt this should be adequate. It would take me about 4 months of weekend driving to put that many miles one the car. By then summer would be over, and I would have spent an entire season breaking in the clutch. I think this is unreasonable to ask for a race type clutch. Just my .02.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Blackonblack50 said:
Really! Hmmm I like the sound of that. I have never had any other clutch than th HD motorsport so I'm kind of lost here.

By the way your car looks sweet from what I can see in the avitar.
Thanks! Here's some more pics....... ;)

Anyway....Yeah, I'm really happy with the SPEC clutch. No problem grabbing 4th gear!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Re: Clutch

GodRulz said:
I would not recomend the Centerforce DF. I just put one on my highly modded 1990 GT. The thing now slips after just 2 passes. The manufacturer states a 450 to 500 mile break in period. I had about 350 mile on mine and felt this should be adequate. It would take me about 4 months of weekend driving to put that many miles one the car. By then summer would be over, and I would have spent an entire season breaking in the clutch. I think this is unreasonable to ask for a race type clutch. Just my .02.
SPEC says 400 miles......and the warranty wont cover it if you don't break it in as stated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts